M License problem | GTAMotorcycle.com

M License problem

Tjf

HELP! I have my M license exam tomorrow at downsview at 11am. My headlight bulb just ran out of life and I am at work until 10. My high beam however does still work so I will be able to ride home with it.

Does anyone know if I will be penalized by the tester for not having the headlight working? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I can't believe my luck!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that bud. Hopefully you won't be penalize. The MTO, they will check your bike to make sure it's in check. Technically your light should be turned on so hopefully because it's during the day they won't point it. My guess to be sure would be to call them, worst case, you might have to reschedule until you get it fixed.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

what bulb is it? where you located, i might have a spare kicking around.

Was just at mto at downsview for the full g test and seen motorcycle being checked, didnt see him checking headlight , all he did was checked right, left turn signals and rear brake light.

If anything, just flip it in to the high beam before test, so he will think your light is working :)

Run with the high beam on. Some people ride with it during daylight so you should be good to go.

They do an inspection before every test, they will tell you to turn your high beams on and off. They are pretty picky about these kind of things, best to call them so you don't waste your time.

For sure it's the bulb and not just a fuse?

I wouldn't sweat it too much.

If your turn signals, horn and brake lights work, that's all they'll care about. Brake light has to activate independently by either lever/pedal.

look up the bulb type, get someone to go grab one for you and then pop it in before the exam.
they checked all my lights and signals....they didnt like my turn signals but whatever.

if all else fails go to the test, turn on hi beam...and if they ask you to switch hi/low then act surprised and say well we have a light and we are here...I will go get it fixed right after exam...technically you have a front light.

Crappy Tire. Leave work a bit early if you have to.

i think they do check and are pretty stingent, atleast they were with the G (drivers) exam. For example if your highbeams didn't work they would automatically fail the test even though no one drives with highbeams during the day.

My son did his G2 road test a few days ago - examiner never asked him to switch from low to high beam, just checked on lowbeam. Did check signals, brake lights and horn however.

Did my M last week in Burlington. Front/rear brake, turn signals, horn. Asked about hazard lights and i'm guessing looked at the running headlight when she was in front of me- but didn't ask for high beams.

Don't think the test went well or we would have seen some kind of update on here my now

Back
Top Bottom