Turning 25 soon, Not so happy ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turning 25 soon, Not so happy ?

Ghostrider619

So, I will be turning 25 on August 2017. I am hoping to get a cheaper rate because of my age.
But the problem is that my renewal date is May 2017. If I renew it on May again, I know I will OWE money if i cancel it on August and renew it on August again ( Hoping to get a better quote )
Is there any way around this ? I don't want to be stuck with higher premium until the following renewal date. Thanks !

No way around it I can see. Sep-May won't be much of your "earned" premium though, so I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. You can always talk to your broker to be completely sure

Just call your agent on your birthday and sometimes they will get a reduction in premium. It's all on a case by case basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on who your agent is you may be able to talk to them and have them ad a note to your file that they will waive your cancellation fee and renew on or just after your birthday. I have heard of this instance before, but I'm sure it is a case by case scenario. I think I remember hearing it from Vinnie at Allstate or someone said he had done this for them.

Your rates my be automatically adjusted.
My son is away at university. My rates drop $166.00/month automatically from Sept -May while he's in school, even though he's listed as secondary driver on my car. I don't have to inform my insurance company. They apparently have eyes everywhere.
They know your birthdate and if you're eligible for a reduction, they should apply it.

Typically you have to wait until the next renewal for it to adjust, same as if you had a ticket that was coming off your record 1-2 months in after renewal.

Do you have your full m? When are you eligible? Maybe that's the discount to strive for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than turning 95. You're young, your rates will go down. Be happy. It's your decision.

I was with SF a few years ago and had a ticket coming off just 3 months down the road. Agent told me to call in and get it adjusted as soon as the ticket rolled off. I called, I saved.

StateFarm changed my rate when I turned 25. No other company I contacted was willing to at the time.

Back
Top Bottom