Honda CBR ripping the shoulder on the 404 this am | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR ripping the shoulder on the 404 this am

whtlne

stopped in typical GTA traffic at 8:15 this morning and I watched a little CBR ripping down the shoulder. Thinking, I hope a cage doesn't pull over to 'interrupt' his progress.

30 seconds later, I see the cherries spinning and CBR guy being berated by YRP

nice work champ!!!

I don't know how you guys keep sane in that traffic.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

stopped in typical GTA traffic at 8:15 this morning and I watched a little CBR ripping down the shoulder. Thinking, I hope a cage doesn't pull over to 'interrupt' his progress.

nice work champ!!!

some chump's insurance is about to increase when/if convicted.. and with the motorcycle mob on the weekend, I doubt he's going to be let off with a warning (you mention he was being "berated by YRP")

Maybe rightfully so. Rules are there for a reason. TO SAVE POPLES LIVES. Break the rules then take your lumps. No wonder the motorcycle society has the reputation and expenses they have. The worst part is that with today " me attitude" I don't see it getting any better. Just keep blaming everyone else when they get caught up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I wish they would make lane splitting legal here.

Stats say it's safer, and if it's legal we might hear less whining about it.

As for the shoulder, not a great idea especially at warp speed. It's for emergency vehicles nevermind cluttered with debris

Personally I wish they would make lane splitting legal here.

Stats say it's safer, and if it's legal we might hear less whining about it.

As for the shoulder, not a great idea especially at warp speed. It's for emergency vehicles nevermind cluttered with debris

Safer with texting baboons surrounding you?

Maybe rightfully so. Rules are there for a reason. TO SAVE POPLES LIVES. Break the rules then take your lumps. No wonder the motorcycle society has the reputation and expenses they have. The worst part is that with today " me attitude" I don't see it getting any better. Just keep blaming everyone else when they get caught up

I would disagree with your statement that it saves lives. We are not living in a utopia and people making laws are not riders

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Safer with texting baboons surrounding you?

Actually yes, those same baboons are less likely to rearend you.

I agree with you though, FAR too much phone use happening daily. I just stick mine in the console and think about what tomorrow's agenda is, don't see why people find that so hard to do.

... No wonder the motorcycle society has the reputation and expenses they have....

countless people on GTAM always like to blame the stunters, or idiots or wreckless drivers for their insurance rates, but if you analyze motorcycle insurance rates across the continent, you'll quickly see that we are paying abnormally high rates, in an area that does not see abnormally high accidents. Therefore the blame must be placed elsewhere; insurance lobbyists. They lobby our governments to allow them to charge more for our premiums as they cry broke in doing so.

It's a ploy. Don't fall for it.

The rules are made for all vehicles,regardless of the number of wheels, and pedestrians. Unfortunately there are too many people that believe they aren't accountable to anyone and should be able to do as they please. Unfortunately some people also don't learn from consequences

The cop who sat idle as a couple tour de france types filtered to the front of the line before turning left across traffic on my way home disagrees I guess... I honestly don't care, but it'd sure be nice to be afforded the same luxury when stuck in traffic, would it not?

nice work champ!!!

Serves him right for getting caught. He should have looked for cops beforehand.

I see riders doing this every day properly. Never seen one get caught yet.

Well with the new paint scheme for Toronto cop cars it's going to get a whole lot harder.

What gets me is when people do it, and then ***** and moan afterwards about the 'stupid police'. There are rules and laws, and if you chose to break them, expect to have to deal with the outcome if a cop happens to be in the area.

Same can be said for extreme speeders. Go ahead and fight a ticket, but if you think you should get off on being 40-50 over the limit due to a minor technicality (that doesn't change the fact you were no where near the limit), you sort of need your head examined. Not saying our speed limits all make sense, but everyone knows what they are, and if they choose not to follow them, then they risk the fine if a cop happens to be around the next bend lidar gun in hand. Dumbfounds me how some can stand in front of a JP and say 'they had no clue' or 'didn't do any wrong' when fighting say a 200 in an 80 ticket.

I'll still continue to shake my head at those that split, and to a much lesser degree filter, but hey if they think they can do it safely and get away with it 9 times out of 10, then that's the choice they made. They just can't complain the 1 time they do it next to a cruiser and it lights them up. Sort of like those who park illegally since the one time they do get caught the fine is less than paying for parking on a consistent basis. I can see why they do it, but don't cry and say it isn't fair if you ever do get caught.

Last edited:
What gets me is when people do it, and then ***** and moan afterwards about the 'stupid police'. There are rules and laws, and if you chose to break them, expect to have to deal with the outcome if a cop happens to be in the area........

I see your point but oh man .....

Let me start by saying - I am ok with speed on the road. Road is for vehicles .. that means no mopeds, bicycles, wheelchairs, old people.

Our taxes must go to make sure there are no potholes and the roadway is in impeccable condition. Also, make sure that all drivers graduate stringent driving schools and not the Mickey Mouse crap in Brampton or Markham or God knows where else.

In UK there is a graduation license for motorcycles. Germany has fantastic training schools and roadways. North Americans have sh1t for leadership when it comes to common sense approach to all things city related.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

What gets me is when people do it, and then ***** and moan afterwards about the 'stupid police'. There are rules and laws, and if you chose to break them, expect to have to deal with the outcome if a cop happens to be in the area.

Yeah, but if you don't agree with the laws, you don't have to follow them, right?

Followed by complaining about the results thereof.

Followed by blaming everyone else except yourself.

Usually topped off by complaints about overzealous law enforcement.

Rinse, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom