Two Brothers Exhaust - Installed..... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Two Brothers Exhaust - Installed.....

GateKeeper

Well I ordered and I received, 2 weeks to get to me and about 20 minutes to install, it took longer to polish the mid pipe, it was matte and I wanted a more polished look, the original clamp was dingy as well, so it got a bit of a polish, and I added the PX1 silencer, it was not bad without it, this makes it a bit quieter, maybe it stays in maybe it comes out.

The weight difference is unbelievable, this can is so light compared to stock, I don't think the can weighed more than the box it came in.

There is a bit of backfiring on deceleration, but hopefully the ECU will adapt and take care of that, if not, will have to look at PCIII, Booster Plug and or the AF-XiED

otherwise I like the look, and it sounds great, similar to my FZ750, but a bit more refined...just right for the BMW....

So a few pictures.....

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

Cheers

Nice. Added bonus is usually that the CF cans are usually cooler to the touch so no more frazzled pant legs. On my old bike that's what I bought mine for as I was tired of singeing my riding pants just moving a bike around the driveway.

I love popping. When I ride hard, that thing goes off like a cannon.

I have a PC too

Very nice add on to an already sweet ride. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't popping on deceleration indicate a lean running condition? Running lean is not good.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Very nice add on to an already sweet ride. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't popping on deceleration indicate a lean running condition? Running lean is not good.

Perhaps before, but not with today's FI engines

Could be several factors. Running lean is one of em. Less back pressure makes it pop easy.

If there is unburnt fuel in the exhaust, the heat from the exhaust can also make it pop

Why is that? The computer can only adjust for so much, that's why they make pc3 etc.
Could be several factors. Running lean is one of em. Less back pressure makes it pop easy.

If there is unburnt fuel in the exhaust, the heat from the exhaust can also make it pop
Less back pressure is what causes it to run lean, it allows more air flow leading to a lean condition.

And this is why I hope the ECU will adapt to the new exhaust and adjust accordingly, so it's not running lean, I was reading that this can take up to a couple of tank fulls of gas, for it to learn....

Too bad the season is getting close to the end, but they are predicting a beautiful fall.....so might be able to get her in spec....

And Thanks for the compliments...

And this is why I hope the ECU will adapt to the new exhaust and adjust accordingly, so it's not running lean, I was reading that this can take up to a couple of tank fulls of gas, for it to learn....

Too bad the season is getting close to the end, but they are predicting a beautiful fall.....so might be able to get her in spec....

And Thanks for the compliments...

Does your bike have an O2 sensor? If it doesn't, most likely your ecu will not learn

Why is that? The computer can only adjust for so much, that's why they make pc3 etc.

Less back pressure is what causes it to run lean, it allows more air flow leading to a lean condition.

A properly tuned exhaust will be still have less back pressure & a perfect stoichiometric ratio

IME, basic slip-on exhausts work fine on EFI bikes. Though I'm less experienced with the new gen 02 sensor OEM EFI, which is programmed is to run even more lean, so some popping may remain.

I'm more interested in your exhaust choice. Why carbon and why 2bros?

i like the look of carbon fiber, plus its light weight

price point, anything better I looked at was more than I wanted to spend

listening to as many YouTube videos of the 2bros pipe not only on this bike but others I liked the tone of it the most and in person on other bikes it has the tone I like

now if I could have anything it would have been a full exhaust system by Remus then Akrapovic, and or just their slip ons but those were out of my range now and in the near future, but I wanted something different over stock

i like the look of carbon fiber, plus its light weight

price point, anything better I looked at was more than I wanted to spend

listening to as many YouTube videos of the 2bros pipe not only on this bike but others I liked the tone of it the most and in person on other bikes it has the tone I like

now if I could have anything it would have been a full exhaust system by Remus then Akrapovic, and or just their slip ons but those were out of my range now and in the near future, but I wanted something different over stock

I would never buy CF for exhaust, ever. Seen too much direct evidence over the last 15+ years of short use destruction. But if you are willing to pay for its shortcomings it is fine otherwise.

2Bros is a middle of the road exhaust ime. Once I did a search of your aftermarket exhaust options (bmw k1300S) I noticed that there are not a lot of options. May not be high end or boutique but it is easily available, replacement parts are simple, it works well and price is very reasonable. Makes more sense now. Enjoy.

Last edited:
I have a CF exhaust too. I am surprised it lasted this long. Its still show no signs of cracking or burning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

They say too keep it long lasting, keep an eye on the packing and replace when signs are showing that it's required, sound difference, or browning, and so on.

yes the 2Bros is mid line exhaust, but it fit the budget, the Remus and Akrapovic were unobtainable at this time

and yes aftermarket items on the K1200s or 1300s are not many, slim pickins....

i was even even looking at GPR some company in Italy but heard too many issues in workmanship so I passed on them

its interesting on CF, 2bros needs to be looked after and repackaged, the Remus needs nothing, ever, so they say,,,,

Back
Top Bottom