RE: Dirtbike Trail Riding - Georgetown and Simcoe area | GTAMotorcycle.com

RE: Dirtbike Trail Riding - Georgetown and Simcoe area

Punisher

Site Supporter
RE: Dirtbike Trail Riding - Georgetown and Simcoe area

Hey everyone,
looking into start dirt biking on trails next year with my 2 young boys.
They both have started on our Yamaha pw50, will buy something a little bigger for my older son (he did well on the TTR90 at the Yamaha Smart Adventures by Horseshoe Resort), brother in law will be lending me his honda crf230.
I am from Brampton, and wanted to drive out to both the Georgetown and Simcoe trails before I commit to either one when we join the OFTR next spring, just wondered where exactly where I can park and enter the trails. In the late Fall when things slow down out there I want to hike through the trails to get an idea which may be better for my boys. Also looking into getting an enclosed trailer, want to be sure I have no issues getting the trailer to the access point. I have never been on the OFTR trails or any trails for that matter so I have no idea what to expect.
Hoping the Georgetown trails are "kid" friendly since its closer.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Jason

Re: Dirtbike Trail Riding - Georgetown and Simcoe area

When you get OFTR + SCORRA membership you will get access to maps where I believe access points are marked. You can also join SCORRA forum and ask. The club is very helpful.

You can also try Ganaraska which is a great and large place to ride.

Have fun.

I'm completely biased but Simcoe county has a lot to offer for new and experienced riders, and might be a bit closer to Brampton. The closest forest tract to you would be Baxter and it's not bad for kids. The sand can be intimidating but it's pretty soft to land on :) The single track has poor sight lines, but there's almost no elevation changes, so it's good to learn on.

Otherwise, Lawden tract is the other one I'd recommend for beginner riders. It's pretty much gravel road double track with an awesome sand pit, a huge circular track in a field and some great single track between open pines. Sight lines are good everywhere.

The only tract I'd warn you away from is Horseshoe (Barr North/South), as it's single track can be really rough on new riders.

Also if you join the OFTR, it's an Ontario club which allows access to all trails in Ontario. You don't have to decide which club, however if you want to ride Simcoe County only scorra members have access to the trail maps online.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

hey thanks everyone for the tips, i have some homework to do but sounds like there are a lot more options than i thought.
cheers!

Consider MotoPark Chatsworth as well where you have training, both bush riding and motocross - mechanic on duty and a real family oriented site. My kid and staff learned there ....good time by all and both are experienced and safe riders.

hey thanks everyone for the tips, i have some homework to do but sounds like there are a lot more options than i thought.
cheers!

There really is quite a good number of options. And when you consider how large Ganny and Simcoe, it's really very good variety.

Off chance, anyone know if Newtonville still rideable or totally off limits?

Where are these trails in Georgetown??

There might be some, but hardly legal perhaps. I have never heard of Georgetown trails before.

There are a couple YouTube videos of Georgetown area dirtbiking, but by the comments they're done illegally. You could try some of the Halton bicycle trails, they usually empty out once the leaves fall off. There really should be SOMETHING in Halton, but I guess the Brookville and Oakville upper crust aren't having it.

I'd love to know this too. Mostly because I don't believe they exist....

This. I've begged and pleaded to ride the small pockets I've been able to source. I've scoured the Acton/Georgetown/Milton area for LEGAL, public riding spots......they just don't exist.

hey guys,
perhaps i just got it wrong, but i found the Halton Off Road Rider Association (HORRA) on the OFTR site and figured they had some legal trails in or around the Georgetown area, sounds like my assumption was wrong.

hey guys,
perhaps i just got it wrong, but i found the Halton Off Road Rider Association (HORRA) on the OFTR site and figured they had some legal trails in or around the Georgetown area, sounds like my assumption was wrong.

I've been a member of the OFTR for the past four years. I've meet and know people from the area and there is absolutely no LEGAL public trails that exist in Halton or even Dufferin (the OFTR is currently trying for trails in Dufferin, but don't hold your breath).

When you get OFTR + SCORRA membership you will get access to maps where I believe access points are marked. You can also join SCORRA forum and ask. The club is very helpful.

You can also try Ganaraska which is a great and large place to ride.

Have fun.

Join SCORRA. Everything is there for you. Best tracts for lil guys is Baxter. It's close wide and Sandy for soft landings. Decent lil single tract if you want to get technical...

Back
Top Bottom