Almost run off the road today.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Almost run off the road today....

spitRR

So I'm riding home after work today north along McCowan when a lady in an SUV creeps up beside me, rolls down her window and flips me the bird. I think to myself "ok, F U too". She then proceeds to deliberately drift into my lane squeezing me over into the oncoming lane. I gas it and get in front of her stopping at the red light at Ellesmere.

At this point I'm not even ****** off, just more or less confused at her actions. I don't recall doing anything wrong and shoulder checking is such a habit that I do it even while walking (not a joke, I actually do), so cutting her off is highly doubtful.

So while we were stopped I got off the bike and approached her window which was rolled up.Ya I know it was probably not the best idea, but I genuinely wanted to know what I did wrong. "What did I do?" Is all I asked in a calm yet loud manner as I had to talk through the window, to which she replied with a constant pressing of her horn.

At this point I figured if she's crazy enough to try to run me off the road, she's crazy enough to run me and / or my bike over the moment the light turns green, so I hop back on my bike and carry on thinking what triggered this. A few minutes later I come to the idea that perhaps it had something to do with yesterday's shinanigans on the news. Maybe?

Almost 30 years riding I've never experienced anything quite like this. I'm still confused, but at least my VFR and myself are home safe. Now time for a cheap Go-Pro

You know, all sports bikes look the same to people ;-)

With women it's never so obvious. Could be anything. Probably was.

A few minutes later I come to the idea that perhaps it had something to do with yesterday's shinanigans on the news. Maybe?

If anything, I'd be willing to bet this played into it. The public's opinion of motorcycles won't be too good for the next little while until people hear of other things. Chances are she already didn't like motorcycles, heard the recent news, and decided to take it out on you when she saw a bike.

Then again, like others have said some women are crazy. I've known some that can be in a good mood, and if a cat looks at them funny they want to burn the world for the next 45 mins.

Maybe just another feminist or her significant other cheated on her. She's probably mad at the whole world now.

Bikes of all types summon an emotional reaction. It's Ontario, she's a woman, you triggered her. It's your fault.

Don't try to understand it, just deal with it, because there's no winners there. Try not to think about how she'd laugh if she actually drove over you, because she would, and then leave. And it would be all your fault.

Because.

Bikes of all types summon an emotional reaction. It's Ontario, she's a woman, you triggered her. It's your fault.

Don't try to understand it, just deal with it, because there's no winners there. Try not to think about how she'd laugh if she actually drove over you, because she would, and then leave. And it would be all your fault.

Because.

Sad but likely true

Maybe she was expecting a mob of bikers to photograph for her Facebook feed. Just one rider would be a pretty limp update.

Kind of hate this whole, "Because it's a woman" ********. Happens from men too, shocking I know.

But who knows why this **** happens, some people have a hate for motorcycles. Although don't seem to understand how dangerous their acts of aggression are...which I'm not really sure why. Doesn't cross their minds that they could injure or even kill someone?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kind of hate this whole, "Because it's a woman" ********. Happens from men too, shocking I know.

I agree with this statement in this situation, but as a "whole", there are differences in how things work where gender plays a role.

The thing is that things like this likely would not have happened if the other driver was a man:

[video=youtube;Zsog5LxTagQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsog5LxTagQ[/video]

But who knows why this **** happens, some people have a hate for motorcycles. Although don't seem to understand how dangerous their acts of aggression are...which I'm not really sure why. Doesn't cross their minds that they could injure or even kill someone?

Many people think motorcycles are like cars in that a bump results in a couple scratches on the vehicle. Which would also fall into the topic of people accidentally tipping over bikes, offer up to pay it thinking it would only be a couple hundred, and flip when it turns out to be over $1000.

Last edited:
I agree with this statement in this situation, but as a "whole", there are differences in how things work where gender plays a role.

The thing is that things like this likely would not have happened if the other driver was a man:

[video=youtube;Zsog5LxTagQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsog5LxTagQ[/video]
Statistics do say that female drivers get in more accidents then men. So I'm not really defending her but it's still annoying that this has become the reason, "Because she's a woman". Sorry this triggered me, probably because I'm female...must be those damn hormones acting up again.

I also think that a lot of women are afraid of confrontation. I don't think she expected you to get off your bike, and she acted dramatic in that situation. You probably scared her lol - like... "Oh ****, now what do I do?" moment.

Last edited:
Statistics do say that female drivers get in more accidents then men. So I'm not really defending her but it's still annoying that this has become the reason, "Because she's a woman". Sorry this triggered me, probably because I'm female...must be those damn hormones acting up again.

Maybe the lady in the SUV had her hormones acting up as well. :confused:
If that were the case, it would indeed be because she's a woman... xD

Maybe the lady in the SUV had her hormones acting up as well. :confused:
If that were the case, it would indeed be because she's a woman... xD
Don't try to understand us! Joking a side, she's possibly a raging ***** or hasn't gotten laid in a while.

At this point I'm not even ****** off, just more or less confused at her actions. I don't recall doing anything wrong and shoulder checking is such a habit that I do it even while walking (not a joke, I actually do), so cutting her off is highly doubtful.o

I do the same thing. When my gf saw me do that repeatedly while walking, shes said, "What? Are you checking your blindspot when walking?".
People probably think I'm crazy. Whenever I shift side to side on the sidewalk, I always check my blindspot.. :cool:

I have seen this before and I'm not entirely sure what it is. Latent road rage, maybe. I can remember a car in front of me slowing to a crawl, and swerving towards me after I switched lanes years ago. "Everyone else is trying to kill you" is a good rule of thumb but some drivers seem to be a more literal application of the rule

Because.

Sounds like my wife, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't her.

I also think that a lot of women are afraid of confrontation. I don't think she expected you to get off your bike, and she acted dramatic in that situation. You probably scared her lol - like... "Oh ****, now what do I do?" moment.

She was probably expecting me to be in a fit of rage, but I wasn't. Probably threw her for a loop and didn't know what to do. Looking back, I don't know how the hell I even kept my cool.

I do the same thing. When my gf saw me do that repeatedly while walking, shes said, "What? Are you checking your blindspot when walking?".
People probably think I'm crazy. Whenever I shift side to side on the sidewalk, I always check my blindspot.. :cool:

Lol! Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

I think I'm lucky in that sense. I don't get too many people ****** off at me. More the guys that come up beside you expecting to race... And I'm just like, "On this toaster? No thank you."

Back
Top Bottom