Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

Leave it in a dry area for a few days, could just be condensation. Don't try and power it on until it evaporates.

Leave it in a dry area for a few days, could just be condensation. Don't try and power it on until it evaporates.
Too late.
Turned it on and made a phone call then looked at it. It's been on ever since. ?

Here's a picture :
e0aa277595eb60509a227e787b8b2120.jpg

There's a bit of glare, but the square-ish shadow is the issue.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Too late.
Turned it on and made a phone call then looked at it. It's been on ever since. ��

Here's a picture :
e0aa277595eb60509a227e787b8b2120.jpg

There's a bit of glare, but the square-ish shadow is the issue.

put it in a plastic bag of rice for a few days
the face plate pops off, lift off with your nail to get the water out from under

if you can shut it off great if not oh well
but do the rice trick and you might save it

How would water have gotten in there in the first place?

Doesn't look like water damage.

Hard to tell what's discoloration and what's reflection off the screen, but it looks like it got a hard hit from a dull object like a baseball or something.

#gremlins
Nope
Doesn't look like water damage.

Hard to tell what's discoloration and what's reflection off the screen, but it looks like it got a hard hit from a dull object like a baseball or something.
That's what's weird.
Literally sat in the centre console for a couple months. Took it out and that's what it looked like.

Nope

That's what's weird.
Literally sat in the centre console for a couple months. Took it out and that's what it looked like.

One of your kids dropped it.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

One of your kids dropped it.

Nope
Heat maybe? Do you park in the sun?
It was face down in the sliding hatch compartment in the front centre console of my 2005 Pilot. No sun.

My guess is cold damage. Some LCDs don't take to freezing temperatures to well. That or Joe's technology entropy field is getting stronger

Nope

It was face down in the sliding hatch compartment in the front centre console of my 2005 Pilot. No sun.

Unless the console is chilled, it heats up just like the rest of the car.

LCD susceptible to freezing temps? The console also gets as cold as the nights get. Couple months ago was still below freezing overnights wasn't it?

Car has always been parked outside all year. Always had the gps mounted until I took it down and put it away a few months ago.
I'm leaning towards the freezing temps theory. And possibly because it was out to get sun to warm up daily, resulted in the damage.
It may just be me, but it *looks* like it may be getting better.

Car has always been parked outside all year. Always had the gps mounted until I took it down and put it away a few months ago.
I'm leaning towards the freezing temps theory. And possibly because it was out to get sun to warm up daily, resulted in the damage.
It may just be me, but it *looks* like it may be getting better.

you do know there are some awesome GPS apps for your phone...Sygic and Ways/z Wayz is free and provides alot of useful info.
lmk when you get your phone and I will tell you about Sygic...you do NOT need data or wifi for Sygic.

you do know there are some awesome GPS apps for your phone...Sygic and Ways/z Wayz is free and provides alot of useful info.
lmk when you get your phone and I will tell you about Sygic...you do NOT need data or wifi for Sygic.
That is a bonus as I only have 500mb.
I will.

That is a bonus as I only have 500mb.
I will.

I hope you're not paying the standard $50/mo for a 500mb data plan.

In the past 2 months there have been many plans offered by mobile companies for (minimum) 1gb plan for $50/mo.

Scored myself a 5GB BYOP plan with Fido last month for $50/mo.

For the plan above, requirements was to have an account with Fido for at least 3 months and ask them to match the Freedom mobile (WIND) plan.
On and off the phone in 5 mins.

Last edited:
I hope you're not paying the standard $50/mo for a 500mb data plan.

In the past 2 months there have been many plans offered by mobile companies for (minimum) 1gb plan for $50/mo.

Scored myself a 5GB BYOP plan with Fido last month for $50/mo.
$45 with a free phone right now.

(Yes, I know it's not really free)

Last edited:
So I decided to stay on my existing plan.
My LGG4 should be here tomorrow. Case and screen protector should be here tomorrow as well.

Does anyone forsee any issues switching over from my Samsung to LG?
And the S4 has been my only Android. Once I sign in to my Google account on the new phone, will all my apps switch over? Or do I have to re download them?

Any tips are appreciated.

So I decided to stay on my existing plan.
My LGG4 should be here tomorrow. Case and screen protector should be here tomorrow as well.

Does anyone forsee any issues switching over from my Samsung to LG?
And the S4 has been my only Android. Once I sign in to my Google account on the new phone, will all my apps switch over? Or do I have to re download them?

Any tips are appreciated.

The LG G4 has a built in app called Mobile Switch. It will transition all of your settings and such from your old android device. If you want to start fresh, just sign in to the new phone and Google play store will do the rest.

Back
Top Bottom