Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

Joe, are you the technical lead for this, with the shoutout and all?

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ng-YAMIL-*tagged-biggest-names-in-the-country
How did I miss my shoutout?!?! When James25/ ep1x hits the big time from no basic sound, I'll be getting big ups from him! ?

And if I was the tech guy for him, that would explain why his mixes sound like they do ?

Oh, and because it's my tech thread:
I think my PowerStream smart meter isn't so smart....I think it's over charging me.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

So test.com is bringing up the sign in page so I'm back to getting free public wifi! Thanks guys.
Found our old 1st gen iPod touch kicking around. Set it up on my wife's alarm clock/ dock and got rid of the nano. Now she can check the weather app right when she gets up. (Bonus points for me)
I checked out that YT video for reinstalling the os on the tablet. But when I went to the site that the guy used, I couldn't figure out which rom (?) to download. I just wanted oem or better yet, orm without all the bloatware (does it have to be "rooted" for that option?)
As always, I appreciate the help.

So test.com is bringing up the sign in page so I'm back to getting free public wifi! Thanks guys.

Take note that now that www.test.com is in your browsers cache, it may not work next time...but just type in any random word between www. and .com if it doesn't and that'll trigger a new session that should get you to the login page again. :)

Take note that now that www.test.com is in your browsers cache, it may not work next time...but just type in any random word between www. and .com if it doesn't and that'll trigger a new session that should get you to the login page again. :)

Or you can always clear your cache.

Can use the same method using any website, ie. bing.com, yahoo.ca, pr0nhub.com.

Yes, agreed...but lets not forget the title of this thread. ;)

Sorry Joe. ;)
Don't be.
I only recently realized that the Yahoo! Mail app has a button to clear cache. Now it runs much more smoothly. Yes. I have a Yahoo! account (for contests).

Don't be.
I only recently realized that the Yahoo! Mail app has a button to clear cache. Now it runs much more smoothly. Yes. I have a Yahoo! account (for contests).

You change your password on it regularly, don't you?

You change your password on it regularly, don't you?
By regularly you mean...once a year? And is Yahoo prone to being hacked?

@Riceburner ty

I was having issues with my S4. So I backed it up and factory reset it. Everything seems OK, except now when I send out text to 20 ppl, it converts it to mms, and some people are saying that the text is coming through as am attachment. I tried changing settings to restricted. And get something alphabet that was suggested by the Google, but still happening. Amy thoughts?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I was having issues with my S4. So I backed it up and factory reset it. Everything seems OK, except now when I send out text to 20 ppl, it converts it to mms, and some people are saying that the text is coming through as am attachment. I tried changing settings to restricted. And get something alphabet that was suggested by the Google, but still happening. Amy thoughts?

In the settings of your SMS app, go to settings, Multimedia Messages settings, and you'll find a setting called creation mode. Make sure the setting is set to 'free' .

Try that and see if it resolves your issue.

Also what keyboard are you using? the default or did you install a 3rd party? could be emoji's eating up your character space converting it to MMS.

In the settings of your SMS app, go to settings, Multimedia Messages settings, and you'll find a setting called creation mode. Make sure the setting is set to 'free' .

Try that and see if it resolves your issue.

Also what keyboard are you using? the default or did you install a 3rd party? could be emoji's eating up your character space converting it to MMS.
Samsung keyboard.
Not showing creation mode. But I set restrictions to "free". Still converting to mms ?
902862e05342d82000593c5a1e575fde.jpg

In case it matters OS is 5.0.1
Stupid phone is still changing to mms.
Strangely enough, only the Droid peeps are having an issue. Apple users are not seeing any difference.

Be careful about abbreviating Android to Droid - There is a family of Android devices made by Motorola that are called DROID, e.g. DROID Maxx, DROID Razr.

What on your phone are you using to send messages?

Be careful about abbreviating Android to Droid - There is a family of Android devices made by Motorola that are called DROID, e.g. DROID Maxx, DROID Razr.

What on your phone are you using to send messages?
My bad. Android. Stock messaging app. Never had a problem before, but my phone was acting funky. Rogers tech suggested a back up and factory reset. Now this issue came up. But everything else seems OK.

So...another issue I'm having is that when I open a link from and email, twitter etc it's opening with the Samsung (?) browser. Anyone know where I can make Chrome the default? I can't seem to find it.
Also, anyone know if it's possible to take the kid's old netbook and turn it into a Stream? (Microsoft version of a Chromebook, I believe )

So...another issue I'm having is that when I open a link from and email, twitter etc it's opening with the Samsung (?) browser. Anyone know where I can make Chrome the default? I can't seem to find it.
Also, anyone know if it's possible to take the kid's old netbook and turn it into a Stream? (Microsoft version of a Chromebook, I believe )

Instructions for Firefox but works the same. Follow the old android instructions for your phone.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/make-firefox-default-browser-android

Back
Top Bottom