Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

So.....I turned the phone off and back on and now it works.
...and that's why I have this thread.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Always try off and on first, unless it’s a respirator. ;)

tbh I thought that I did.
Always try off and on first, unless it’s a respirator. ;)

Update on LG G5:
Got a new screen installed and glass screen protector for $115. I haggled for the $5 discount.

Update on the LG G4:
No more speakerphone issues.

Update on LG G5:
Got a new screen installed and glass screen protector for $115. I haggled for the $5 discount.

Update on the LG G4:
No more speakerphone issues.

LG G series seem to be plagued with problems. My G3 finally gave in to the notorious boot loop issue after 1.5 years of use. Frustrating when you don't have a decent back-up phone.

Giving Samsung a shot now. Miss those old school Nokia phones. Indestructible and single charge lasted days.

Giving Samsung a shot now.

I've got a S7 that keeps taking itself out (requiring Odin to repair every time). The first time I think it was an update, 2 or 3 other times it was taking a picture that caused it to crash and boot loop. Trying Oreo this time to see if that is any better. Likely giving up on this phone soon.

EDIT:
It was an S7, for some reason I wrote G7. Fixed now.

Last edited:
Damn
I thought they fixed it by the G7.
Samsung has a ton of bloatware.

Still, next phone will either still be LG or back to Samsung.

there are a ton of androids with comparable hardware to a Samsung
for half the price....and like you said Joe, bloatware, and restrictive business practices

I have a Note 5 and up until recently I was very happy with it, I've probably already said that in this very thread. I don't think the "TouchWiz" skin is as bad or slow as it used to be. And it's still getting monthly security updates... so I think Samsung has been doing alright in the software department.

In the hardware department though... my Note 5 has been crashing and rebooting constantly, something has gone bad on it and who knows what that is. And in general I've had so much Samsung stuff break on me just outside of warranty. I'm really conflicted on them to be honest. If I can't rescue my Note 5 I am probably looking at an LG G5 or V20, the last of the flagship phones with a removable battery

If I can't rescue my Note 5 I am probably looking at an LG G5 or V20, the last of the flagship phones with a removable battery

I had a Note 3 in service until last fall (working with no critical problems [usb jack was crap so it needed wireless charging] but getting new phones reduced the monthly bill). It now sits around the house as a spare media device. I looked at it last week and the original battery had seriously puffed up. $20 and it's back in business. With a built in battery, that is probably a death sentence for an old device. It's not worth the investment when you have a reasonable potential to break it.

Right? These things are so expensive these days, I would really appreciate a higher level of serviceability. Who gives a **** if it weighs 3 grams more or if it's half a millimetre thicker. Let me change the battery, add a microSD, plug in normal human headphones... while you're at it add some tiny screws to the chassis (like 1st/2nd gen iPhones) so I can replace the display without needing a tiny plasma cutter

This is a well-treaded argument though, so... bleh

I'm trying to enter some contests/ get rebates/ get free product coupons...for these it requires taking a pic of the receipt and uploading. The last few won't accept mine as they have a 5mb limit and my pics are coming in at 7mb+
I looked through settings on my LG G4 to try and drop the pic size and can't see anything obvious.
Any suggestions?
And isn't ridiculously small for today's phone camera pics?

I don't know your phone but I often see Image size or Image quality options in the settings which will make it a smaller size file. I often use Windows Paint (after putting the pictures onto my computer) to resize my images (and crop). I do that to get the size of file I need/want (e.g., all my food pics, lol). It's part of the Window XP to 10 family OS. It's basic software but wasn't hard for me to figure out. GL.

Last edited:
I don't know your phone but I often see Image size or Image quality options in the settings which will make it a smaller size file. I often use Windows Paint (after putting the pictures onto my computer) to resize my images (and crop). It's part of the Window XP to 10 family OS. It's basic software but wasn't hard for me to figure out. GL.
Maybe I'll take the pic with my old WP and use that.

Anyone know about FB?
I use it for contests. Most you need to tag people as a condition of entry.
I have people that have friended me, and I them, yet for some reason it will not allow me to tag them.
Right now only about 2 of 20 people. The rest are no issues.
My account is public and settings are set to tag and be tagged.
I almost exclusively use the FB lite app.

Those people may have their accounts set to either disallow tagging or require approval to do so.

Those people may have their accounts set to either disallow tagging or require approval to do so.
I will double check with them, but iirc they tag and are tagged by others.
I will check and report back.
Thanks

I will double check with them, but iirc they tag and are tagged by others.
I will check and report back.
Thanks

Maybe they just locked you out Joe so they don't get contest tags :)

Back
Top Bottom