Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

Unfortunately, those that have switched modems or new install know, but those that forget or haven't don't know about the delay....especially on a weekend.

The best was when I cancelled my Cable (Rogers), and they cut the Internet (Teksavvy), as well. That was a lot of fun jumping back and forth trying to get fixed.

Joe, I always use a separate router that I purchased, and the cable box as cable in. The cable supplied ones aren't always very good.

Unfortunately, those that have switched modems or new install know, but those that forget or haven't don't know about the delay....especially on a weekend.
So this is a regular thing? Iirc I did not have this issue the last time...however you could be correct, as I still had Bell for a week after I went to Rogers.
The best was when I cancelled my Cable (Rogers), and they cut the Internet (Teksavvy), as well. That was a lot of fun jumping back and forth trying to get fixed.

Joe, I always use a separate router that I purchased, and the cable box as cable in. The cable supplied ones aren't always very good.
...but then I'll be here asking how to set that up lol.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Regular thing. Usually ppl don't notice as it's a one time thing ..waiting for connection.
Yeah well it sucks. Coming up on 48 hours soon.

Over 96 hours now without internet at home.

Over 96 hours now without internet at home.

Joe,
Colleague at work had swapped out router Thursday....and he is still down. Numerous calls and nada.
Bigger issue than provisioning.
Rogers Sux

Joe,
Colleague at work had swapped out router Thursday....and he is still down. Numerous calls and nada.
Rogers Sux
I've been fortunate enough to get some credits....but they have been eaten up with cell data purchases.
Tbh, idk wtf provisioning even means.

Is your cell phone rogers or are you with Telus? If it was Rogers, I would be raising hell to get unlimited data this month.
Rogers. They keep giving me $$ credits. I keep using it. And then they give me more. Seems like a better idea to fix the problem. Fortunately I haven't had to make a call yet. Everything over Twitter.

Rogers. They keep giving me $$ credits. I keep using it. And then they give me more. Seems like a better idea to fix the problem. Fortunately I haven't had to make a call yet. Everything over Twitter.

Well, they are Twits. Keep twiting at them.

I've been fortunate enough to get some credits....but they have been eaten up with cell data purchases.
Tbh, idk wtf provisioning even means.

new modem has to have its MAC address associated with the the account
takes 15 seconds, when they get around to it

new modem has to have its MAC address associated with the the account
takes 15 seconds, when they get around to it

especially over a weekend.....

Hopefully it's done by tomorrow.

Joe,
Rogers Sux
If it only takes 16 seconds then it is a bigger issue that they are not disclosing, as Kedo said. Last message at 10pm said still no projected end time. And I've been given $150 in credits so far, so not thinking that it is a laziness issue.

Definitely some widespread problems for Rogers.

http://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers

Some funny stories on there. Not at all surprising. If the big players ever want to argue that they aren't running an Oligopoly while keeping a straight face, they really need to clean up their appalling customer service.

"Finally my internet is back on this morning in Ottawa.
But what an experience i had last night. Because of the internet being down, my wife had to use her phone for work and my teenager had to use her phone for school work. Rogers assured me that whatever i go over with my data, i will be credited. So maxed out 4 GB over so they blocked all our 4 phones in my house, family plan. Called and said check your email to fix this well with no wifi and no data well guess i cant, called again and they unblocked one phone when i specificaly told him we have 4 PHONES UNDER MY PLAN, nope, unblocked only one. called back again calmly and finally they unblocked all our phones. Why is it always takes many calls to fix something correctly!!!!!?"

"Just talked to a friend of mine who works at Rogers HQ. He said the Provision dept. was slimmed down. Many layoffs. Simply he said there is not enough manpower. Its all about cost cutting and now the service is horrible."

@GreyGhost as posted earlier, I can relate. I fear it is Tim Horton's for dinner and free WiFi tonight for me and my son tonight so he can do his homework.

competition, Canadian style, is to see how low you can degrade customer service
while increasing prices, without shedding customers in droves
and they get away with it, because there aren't any better alternatives

Some funny stories on there. Not at all surprising. If the big players ever want to argue that they aren't running an Oligopoly while keeping a straight face, they really need to clean up their appalling customer service.

"Finally my internet is back on this morning in Ottawa.
But what an experience i had last night. Because of the internet being down, my wife had to use her phone for work and my teenager had to use her phone for school work. Rogers assured me that whatever i go over with my data, i will be credited. So maxed out 4 GB over so they blocked all our 4 phones in my house, family plan. Called and said check your email to fix this well with no wifi and no data well guess i cant, called again and they unblocked one phone when i specificaly told him we have 4 PHONES UNDER MY PLAN, nope, unblocked only one. called back again calmly and finally they unblocked all our phones. Why is it always takes many calls to fix something correctly!!!!!?"

"Just talked to a friend of mine who works at Rogers HQ. He said the Provision dept. was slimmed down. Many layoffs. Simply he said there is not enough manpower. Its all about cost cutting and now the service is horrible."

I am currently with Rogers on their 250u plan; got a discount a couple years ago but it finally expired last month so I was billed over $100 this month because I wasn't paying attention :/

Called to get a better deal, and they said 250u is no longer a valid "plan" so I was forced to move up to the 500u plan, which they tell me requires a new modem. Now I'm scared to go swap out modems after reading Joe's woes... I can't be without internet for a week, its how I do everything! (phone, tv, etc).

I am currently with Rogers on their 250u plan; got a discount a couple years ago but it finally expired last month so I was billed over $100 this month because I wasn't paying attention :/

Called to get a better deal, and they said 250u is no longer a valid "plan" so I was forced to move up to the 500u plan, which they tell me requires a new modem. Now I'm scared to go swap out modems after reading Joe's woes... I can't be without internet for a week, its how I do everything! (phone, tv, etc).

Can you dump rogers internet and switch to Teksavvy cable?

Back
Top Bottom