Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

more ram may help, optimizing the computer will help (stop certain programs from running), a SSD (solid state drive) instead of a HDD (hard disk drive) will help as read and write times are significantly faster. The later made a huge difference on my macbook pro from 2009, how ever it is likely the most expensive fix but at 4 GB of ram that might make a difference too... Looking at the system requirements your son's computer meets the bare minimum (assuming the video card is as good or better). If possible doubling the ram to 8GB will help and is relatively cheap. Minimum requirements for software is basically "the program will run but you won't be happy".

• Operating system: Windows® Vista/7/ 8/10 64-bit (latest Service Pack)
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i3 or AMD Phenom™ X3 865
  • Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460, ATI Radeon™ HD 4850, or Intel® HD Graphics 4400
  • Memory: 768 MB VRAM, 4 GB System RAM
  • Storage: 7200 RPM with 5 GB available HD space

Might be the graphics card as well. Check what speed it is. If it's older RAM, that might be more expensive or not available easily.

Ok
This is what I have so far:

aa40435e38b57137b3c9e000caf4052a.jpg

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Ok
This is what I have so far:

aa40435e38b57137b3c9e000caf4052a.jpg

It's very sad that your kids computer (which someone else previously retired) which we are discussing being inadequate is very far ahead of the computer I am typing this on (Athlon 64x2 2.1GHz).

It's very sad that your kids computer (which someone else previously retired) which we are discussing being inadequate is very far ahead of the computer I am typing this on (Athlon 64x2 2.1GHz).

Apparently it's a bit nicer than I remembered. Still, I'd think an Athlon64 would be fine for most use. Just not any kind of modern game.

Last edited:
Joe:

Press the Windows key + Pause/Break, click on Device Manager in the window that pops up, and then open up the row/line that says "Display adapters"

I recently upgraded a similar computer to an x4 2.3 and doubled the RAM for like thirty bucks (for laughs)

Nvidia GeForce 210 says the teen

@unL33t this is the one that you gave me a little bit after the first one. You said this one was much better. And still extremely grateful.

Last edited:
Ty @TwistedKestrel

That one is like $50 cheaper than Canada Computers
Anything I should look for to nake sure that I am not getting scammed?

2nd edit: we may just go to Best Buy as he has a bunch of gc from there.

Last edited:
Kid is not listening. He will have to wait for an upgrade.

But have no fear! I am as technologically inept as ever!
I cannot figure out Google Cloud Print from my phone. Google says make sure that I'm logged in. On the computer that is connected to the homegroup and printer? Ok. Did that. Nada. Won't print from the laptop either. Tried from the pc that it is hardwired to, still nothing. Now, I haven't had to print anything for a while, but I know that the pc and the laptop were printing to it as recently as 6 months ago.
Any ideas?

I havent ever tried to use cloud print I have found it caused problems when it was accidentally selected on a cable connected orinter/computer.
Make sure that the actual printer is selected on the pc not the cloud print copy of it.

But have no fear! I am as technologically inept as ever!
I cannot figure out Google Cloud Print from my phone.
Your ineptitude is exceeding the competency of the rest of us here. For the sake of our egos, it's time you called yourself a computer pro :)

Your ineptitude is exceeding the competency of the rest of us here. For the sake of our egos, it's time you called yourself a computer pro :)
Lol

Made sure that it was selecting the right printer ( keep in my this is my ancient pc)
Still nothing. So I dl'd the document to my pc and tried that.
Then I turned the printer off and on and tried again.
It's printing now ?

Now I know who to go to with my computer problems.
Lmfao
Bring pizza and diet pepsi and we'll make a night if it! Lol

Getting there. I've never used cloud printing either.

Back
Top Bottom