Cruise to Prince Edward County | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cruise to Prince Edward County

Dunner

Went for a 2 up ride from Oshawa to Lake on a Mountain yesterday.

What an awesome day trip that is!

To top it all off, we met up with another ZX14R rider in Belleville, icing on the cake!

Everyone should ride the lakeshore from Newcastle to Port Hope and highway 2 from Cobourg to Belleville, good route

I haven't been out that way for a while. Probably because I have to drive across Toronto to start. Then again on the way back.

PEC is a nice tour especially along the south Shore by the cheese factory and the Wapoos winery for lunch.

Crossing the city is not a big deal if you leave early in the morning.

Lol I know man crossing the city is the last thing anyone wants to do.

Last edited:
PEC is a nice tour especially along the south Shore by the cheese factory and the Wapoos winery for lunch.

Waupoos is a great spot, (there are many in the County) just a bit further south, and up a short gravel road is the County Cider Company. They make great cider, wood fired pizzas and other lunchables, overlooking vineyards, Waupoos Island and SouthBay. One of the best views in the province IMO.
There are postcard landscapes everywhere and the narrow 2 lane roads that are not in any type of grid pattern make the ride plenty interesting.

Area is on our short list if we decide to move in Canada for a while before relocating to Australia after 2020. Such a lovely area and a short hop to Toronto, Montreal, Toronto and New York city plus an excellent jump off to the eastern US. Always liked the area, never spent any time in it :(

GF and I hit up the wineries there a couple weeks ago. Roads are all still in pretty decent shape. Keep in mind if you go on a Monday half the restaurants are closed. Lunch in Wellington or LOTM, snack at Waupoos Cider, dinner at Blumen, and lots of wine inbetween. Enjoy

I like riding to the Drake Devonshire as a destination for lunch and then riding around the area.

Will have to check out Waupoos Cider next time I'm there.

If you're into cute fluffy animals, Chetwyn Alpaca farm is worth stopping at.

If you guys are out that way and head towards Sandbanks via Bloomfield, stop in for Ice Cream at Slickers!! http://www.slickersicecream.com/
Joe Bass heaven..

Up the back of Picton town on the top of a hill is an old air base used for training pilots during WWII. There's still the old buildings and look out towers there. Very neat spot. Hunt around and there's a few dirt roads and gravel tracks that are interesting and a ride around the shoreline will lead you to some nice beaches. I thought I remembered a lighthouse out there too but not sure. There's a free ferry from one end of the county to highway 33 that leads you into Kingston too and that ferry has great views.

Also don't forget that there's a brewery in the county too, Barley Days, and also a distillery and some of the vineyards have really good food.

I always thought that if we ever managed to get a Canadian TT race the county would be a good spot for it.

Back
Top Bottom