Guy Kills Himself Rear-Ending Moving Tractor Trailer In Highway (Video) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guy Kills Himself Rear-Ending Moving Tractor Trailer In Highway (Video)

Seems like the truck hit the brakes

To me it seemed that the trucker was moving to the right lane and then changed his mind. Biker's window didn't open as wide as he thought.

A truck doesn't stop that fast....brake light came on after the crash.
Almost looks like the truck pulled back to the left cause he saw the bike coming on the right, but the bike was going too fast.

Irresponsible rider paid a high price.

Last edited:
holy crap. he was just givin'er.

then truck started changing lanes and the bike attempted to do the same but whether truck had completed his lane change or was still hesitant...biker was toast.

there's one thing i never mess with and its transport trucks.
might survive a collision with a car but transport trucks brings down your chances of survival to a pretty low probability

A truck doesn't stop that fast....brake light came on after the crash.
Almost looks like the truck pulled back to the left cause he saw the bike coming on the right, but the bike was going too fast.

Irresponsible rider paid a high price.

This. Far right lane is the by far the dumbest place to be overtaking at 2x traffic speed. Truck saw him late, but how big can a bike be in a mirror at the best of times? Factor in the speed and he's maybe a speck when the truck started it's lane change. All that said, he had time and space to look and avoid, but in the moment it's never so simple.

I don't think I've said this in a while: do not pass trucks on the right

I don't think I've said this in a while: do not pass trucks on the right

Do not pass anything on EITHER side at Warp 9. You have to give them a chance to see you coming. Otherwise, while Warp 9 may get you to your destinations faster, it also sets up even the most arrogantly self-assured and supposedly capable riders to rest in pieces at their final destination that much faster too.

Pinball 101, zig first, then zag.

Do not pass anything on EITHER side at Warp 9. You have to give them a chance to see you coming. Otherwise, while Warp 9 may get you to your destinations faster, it also sets up even the most arrogantly self-assured and supposedly capable riders to rest in pieces at their final destination that much faster too.

Why even leave your bed. Life is much much safer in the confines of a cozy blanket...

"rest in pieces"? You're a class act.

Truck was looking to change lanes to the right and abandoned it. It's happened to me - check mirrors, see vehicle a long way back (so effectively clear and safe for lane change) but expecting it to be traveling at normal highway speeds. Begin lane change and then check mirrors again during lane change (to ensure nobody darted into the lane and is trying to pass..happens all the time) and then suddenly realize aforementioned vehicle is traveling 50% (or more) over speed limit and it's closing ridiculously fast - at that point in an effort to avoid an accident (even though it wouldn't be my fault) a pro instinctively abandons the lane change.

However, rider over anticipated the free lane and had already committed to it. Passing on right made it worse. Traveling stupid fast made it even worse.

Poor decision making on behalf of the rider, on so many levels. End of story.

Over anticipating a free lane causes accidents routinely, although many are minor paint scuff/body damage ones. If I had $1 for every time I was changing lanes (again, I drive a semi) from the middle to the right and the car behind me started passing before I was even 50% out of the lane I'd be able to book a nice vacation somewhere warm every year. Problem is if I need to abandon that lane change and swerve back into the middle lane (again, because sometimes some doosh is trying to rush past me on the right, god forbid they wait the 10 seconds for me to get over) suddenly the other guy who's now in my lane I haven't yet vacated gets a nice tire rubbing. That's the reason behind the law that states two vehicles are never to occupy the same lane at the same time, but like many laws it's lost on the impatient.

Last edited:
Thing I don't understand is he hardly appeared to slow down. It's as if he was in shock from losing his planned piece of asphalt and froze.

It's as if he was in shock from losing his planned piece of asphalt and froze.

I think that's exactly what happened. He saw the truck move right, then back left, and he was too busy computing his next move to even consider going hard on the brakes.

RIP you idiot

last second lane change with way higher approach speed including assumptions, can certainly instantly turn into, no outs

mix higher speed/power bike (including minuscule visibility etc..) stuff with regular traffic flow and you are asking for it,

the prob is, you can get away with it for years..

best to always have/show great respect for routine traffic flow,

hedge your bets rather than playin' throw the dice, let alone russian roulette

Last edited:
C'mon what's wrong with this guy? Was he daydreaming? The tractor trailer was moving at least at 100 km'h and he could see it from a mile away.

-
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5b2_1473361260

Rider was ripping the throttle because they assumed they had a "clear straightaway". Only assumption to make while riding at highway speeds is that vehicles ahead of you can/will make lane changes at any given moment.

The rider had a small window to escape death by going to the left when the SUV gave clearance, but even at that rate would require super-quick reaction/judgement time. (but even then the truck driver was being hesitant with the lane change which could still result in death had the truck driver decided to go back into the left).

Last edited:
Truck was looking to change lanes to the right and abandoned it. It's happened to me - check mirrors, see vehicle a long way back (so effectively clear and safe for lane change) but expecting it to be traveling at normal highway speeds. Begin lane change and then check mirrors again during lane change (to ensure nobody darted into the lane and is trying to pass..happens all the time) and then suddenly realize aforementioned vehicle is traveling 50% (or more) over speed limit and it's closing ridiculously fast - at that point in an effort to avoid an accident (even though it wouldn't be my fault) a pro instinctively abandons the lane change.

However, rider over anticipated the free lane and had already committed to it. Passing on right made it worse. Traveling stupid fast made it even worse.

Poor decision making on behalf of the rider, on so many levels. End of story.

Over anticipating a free lane causes accidents routinely, although many are minor paint scuff/body damage ones. If I had $1 for every time I was changing lanes (again, I drive a semi) from the middle to the right and the car behind me started passing before I was even 50% out of the lane I'd be able to book a nice vacation somewhere warm every year. Problem is if I need to abandon that lane change and swerve back into the middle lane (again, because sometimes some doosh is trying to rush past me on the right, god forbid they wait the 10 seconds for me to get over) suddenly the other guy who's now in my lane I haven't yet vacated gets a nice tire rubbing. That's the reason behind the law that states two vehicles are never to occupy the same lane at the same time, but like many laws it's lost on the impatient.

You explained it better than me and if you think about it, the lane change abort is very common.

A large truck in the centre lane, a pill to the left (Plodder in left lane) and a slow moving cage on the right. The truck eases by the right cage and the following vehicle goes to pass on the right. When he gets half way into the right lane an obstruction is seen and the change is aborted.

Meanwhile another following vehicle has committed to taking what they thought was an empty spot. Worse still if the aborting vehicle is a bike.

How many times have you had to abort a lane change in front of a semi because another vehicle was going for the same spot from the other side? You want the exit ramp down the road and he wants the express lane access ahead.

You guys are all over-analyzing this.

This is Russia.

Back
Top Bottom