Riding on streetcars tracks | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding on streetcars tracks

Don't ride on streetcar tracks, ride over them, beside them, or between them.
Cross at more than 40 degrees if you can.
Sometimes the weight of the streetcar/passengers and poor resurfacing,
causes the track to sink, forming a ridge; kind of like bus knuckles

Some tracks are deep enough to use the grooves as wheel chocks. A section in the east end (Kingston Rd IIRC) was brutal.

I get as far away from the track as possible and do a quick push steer to the left popping the bike vertical as it crosses the track and then push steer right to stay between the rails.

Thanks for all your answers everyone! Now I can see different approach for the problem. I was starting to question my tires or even my riding skills. I should be good now :)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Had to cross a healthy pavement ridge today on Bayview -

[video=youtube_share;sJobV2IvVQE]http://youtu.be/sJobV2IvVQE[/video]

Thanks for all your answers everyone! Now I can see different approach for the problem. I was starting to question my tires or even my riding skills. I should be good now :)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Just practice. The more unsettled moments you've experienced... the more you will not care there are tracks. If you know how your bike reacts to tracks, after 100 times, you won't even notice it. I used to get freaked out when I was taking a turn on the rubber patching lines on the highway... they make the bike all squiggly lol....

Ememef had best advice. Wheels should roll steadily over tracks via inertia or constant throttle in as little time as possible while being smooth. Jerky throttle or braking can cause the tire to spin or plow.

Back
Top Bottom