Sportster 1999 wont run after rain yesterday | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sportster 1999 wont run after rain yesterday

You need gas, air, spark and ignition and something else I forget. Work a flow chart from simple to most interesting. Start at gas, chart the flow. Report back.

it might seem silly,, but you do have gas in the tank.. snip

lol
anyway...
does it have gas in the tank?

My Road King is injected.. as such, it doesn't have a reserve tap... the gas gauge is unreliable... so I usually go by the km ... but some riding I do I use 10 L /100km but most of the time I use about 5L/100km ..
The road king seems to tell me with about 20 km left to go.... it seems to run on 1 cyl.. lacks a little power... when I realize. Doh... nothing wrong with the engine... where is the nearest gas station!!
it is an easy fix...

They probably source the gas gauge and fiddly bits offshore 'cause normally HD products are quite reliable. I wouldn't worry about chuffing along on one cylinder. One potato.

Turns out it was the best question my friend. Thank you

Not to laugh but...bwahahahahaha! :lmao:

Get one of these. Please read it. Happy motoring.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/service-your-bike/owners-manual.html

I have a saying for myself when I overlook something that obvious "If that's the worst thing I do today, I'm good." i.e. nothing got broken, nobody got hurt. Carry on.
The number of times I have walked away from a kitchen appliance and returned to find not a damn thing has boiled, toasted or cooked. Duh. Plugged in the kettle, forgot to flip it to ON.
Or done all the parts checks, confirm levels and pressures, run the masters and setups but no parts are coming out of the machine. Forgot to hit Cycle Start.

There is a reason computer techs over the phone still ask users "Is it plugged in?"

As for 178 km vs 200 km fuel range, that's too close to count on. If I'm having a fun day with the bike instead of just going from A to B, even if it's the same roads, reserve comes up a lot quicker.
Glad to hear you don't have a repair bill coming up.

I have a saying for myself when I overlook something that obvious "If that's the worst thing I do today, I'm good." i.e. nothing got broken, nobody got hurt. Carry on.
The number of times I have walked away from a kitchen appliance and returned to find not a damn thing has boiled, toasted or cooked. Duh. Plugged in the kettle, forgot to flip it to ON.
Or done all the parts checks, confirm levels and pressures, run the masters and setups but no parts are coming out of the machine. Forgot to hit Cycle Start.

There is a reason computer techs over the phone still ask users "Is it plugged in?"

As for 178 km vs 200 km fuel range, that's too close to count on. If I'm having a fun day with the bike instead of just going from A to B, even if it's the same roads, reserve comes up a lot quicker.
Glad to hear you don't have a repair bill coming up.

Thank you sir. I seriously don't know how I didn't figure out I run out of gas right away. I rode for 178 kms since refueling last time. I usually refuel at 200. However it was my brother who fueled it last and may be he just didn't fill it up to the top. When I shook the bike I heard splashes so I thought I had gas but it was probably the reserve part of the tank.

Just like you said I'm happy I don't have an expensive bill coming lol

Not to laugh but...bwahahahahaha! :lmao:

Get one of these. Please read it. Happy motoring.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/service-your-bike/owners-manual.html

I was laughing my *** off when I realized what happened lol. Never thought I'd miss something so basic haha

Back
Top Bottom