Found it! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Found it!

Baggsy

Site Supporter
14225629_10210379734719842_6677691480203208999_n.jpg

Is there another one of those at the other end of that road? The scenery looks different.
This is from around 2007 - I guess there is two then:
Algonquin%20trip3-L.jpg

Last edited:
I took that route home once, and was searching for it for about two years.

I seem to recall a 17 km sign somewhere else.

Thought I had something similar...27km near Huntsville...fun road.

That looks pretty doable to me on any tires. I'm running tkc80s on the versys now, but last year I was running sport touring tires and actually ran more gravel last year.lol

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

It's the 556 east of the Searchmont resort. It's also called Ranger Lake Road. That's close to the Soo and it meets up with the 129 north of Thessalon. I doubt it will get paved in our lifetimes. It's pretty twisty for a northern gravel/dirt road, but totally doable on an 80/20 tire, because it's not too soft. I did it using a TKC80 on the front and a Metzler Tourance on the rear, with both tires aired down by 10psi. There is a gas station where it meets the 129 were you can air up your tires if you don't have a portable pump.

I really liked it and as a gravel noob, I was pretty nervous at the start, but by the end my gravel riding skills had improved a lot. I also went with a guy who used to race motocross that helped.

Last edited:
Ha. I came close to hitting that road on Monday but didn't have enough gas to do it and make it up the 129.

I really enjoyed the 129 tho. The road down to Aubrey Falls, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom