Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof

This is subtle enough that I'm not sure it's even intentional. I'm not having a good mental day so apologies if it was... but this is literally how cellphones/"music phones" worked as recently as ten years ago. e.g. Sony Ericsson W300, a Walkman phone whose headline feature was being an MP3 player, did not have a 3.5mm jack
Yeah I had a similar phone, Samsung Blackjack with proprietary connector for everything. There's a good reason that BS went away.

Time will tell if this was a bad move for Apple, removing the headphone jack. If it a must for you, then the iPhone 7 is not the phone for you and thankfully there are other options out there. I predict it will sell incredibly well and in a few years time we will look back and wonder why anyone cared about losing a headphone jack. Personally I think the future is wireless, just need longer listen times.

I'm currently happy with my SE.

Some interesting articles
https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/09/usb-c-and-lightning-headphones-arent-great-news-for-everyone/
http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...rage-removing-iphone-s-headphone-jack-stinks/
https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/07/applejack/
http://www.xda-developers.com/killing-the-port-how-simple-is-changing-into-needlessly-complicated/
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-headphone-jack-iphone-7-lightning-usb-c-port

How does this make those headphones unusable? They supply an adapter so you can continue to use those headphones you love so much. I am actually surprised Apple is including an adapter, thought this would be another cash grab adapter many people would buy.
Good to see an adapter. But it's just more adapter hell. Don't lose it. Different DACs in different adapters with different musical quality. Apple proprietary accessories. Don't lose or confuse lightning adapters with USB type C adapters, and there will even be a USB type C to lightning adapter, etc. Ugh.

Last edited:
If they had just added wireless charging to this model (and done it well) they could have completely muted the moaning and complaining about the headphone jack - it could have been "we hate wires, so we got rid of ALL of them", end of story. In general I'm no huge fan of the lightning connector as a whole, although I do respect it has benefits vs the microUSB that many other phones use so it is what it is, but I would LOVE to not need any cables at all for charging. One can only hope this will arrive with the iPhone 8.

I'm stuck in the middle on what I think about the i7 honestly, but I've decided to not upgrade from my 6+ - I am still more than happy enough with it (and it's still working well for my needs) to make it last another year, and a bonus is that by then I should have about $400-$500 FidoDollars rewards money on my account to offset the cost.

Look again you should have 0 Fido dollars they were expired in July and are no longer usable at least that was what I was told and used all mine up

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Look again you should have 0 Fido dollars they were expired in July

Nope, plans that had it maintain it. It was discontinued for new plans only. It was advertised very misleadingly and a lot of people (myself included, until I called and clarified) thought like you did that it was being discontinued.

I just checked and sure enough my FidoDollars are still showing on my online profile, no issues.

can someone make a meme for me please
Steve Jobs loves headphones...damn it!
and

Can you hear me now...oh right, no damn headphones
and

Courage is fighting cancer not removing headphone jack...you @holes - Steve Jobs

LOL ... awesome ... another 40$ ... bargain compared to the phone itself.

Why would I want to carry that **** when I go to the gym. Lmao. There's a room with a speaker and a charging port that I use but now I have to carry that **** around? Might as well bring a boom box with me. I can't see how anyone can justify these extra adaptors and cords as if they're "helpful"

They are stupid.

Sent from my raven

They are stupid.

Nope ... just courageous ... or heroic or whatever they come up with next ... LOL

I still like Apple computers, but what they have done with their small iX devices, I am not really liking any of that and for a premium prices. They will have to do better to get my money.

Why would I want to carry that **** when I go to the gym. Lmao. There's a room with a speaker and a charging port that I use but now I have to carry that **** around? Might as well bring a boom box with me. I can't see how anyone can justify these extra adaptors and cords as if they're "helpful"

They are stupid.

Sent from my raven
Yeah but that ain't gonna blend in with the hipster sunglasses & hipster haircut

d44460518e3bbcfe263b84860801249f.jpg

Sent from my raven

Pre-ordered a matte black 7 this morning, hate away

Black Berry is the best phone on the market. You don't need anything else
Sunny?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Like it or not, the world is going wireless. I agree that Apple may have jumped the gun on this one and the next year or three may be clunky (yeah, dongles suck), like many other forceful changes Apple introduced over the years (that people lost their **** about at the time as well), it will be looked at less critically with time. And others WILL follow suit, like I mentioned..wait for it.

But I do certainly see how it will cause some people grief, and is questionable in some regards, but in short...many would argue that a bigger battery and additional tech (taptic) was a worthy tradeoff. I haven't used my headphone jack in probably over a year and I'd personally be in that boat. My kids however, not so much, so I do see both sides.

Like it or not, the world is going wireless. I agree that Apple may have jumped the gun on this one and the next year or three may be clunky (yeah, dongles suck), like many other forceful changes Apple introduced over the years (that people lost their **** about at the time as well), it will be looked at less critically with time. And others WILL follow suit, like I mentioned..wait for it.

But I do certainly see how it will cause some people grief, and is questionable in some regards, but in short...many would argue that a bigger battery and additional tech (taptic) was a worthy tradeoff. I haven't used my headphone jack in probably over a year and I'd personally be in that boat. My kids however, not so much, so I do see both sides.
Others will follow suit, as in replace their 3.5mm jacks with lightning ports? Or as in come up with their own proprietary connectors?

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/09/08/samsung-proprietary-headphone-jack/

Others will follow suit, as in replace their 3.5mm jacks with lightning ports? Or as in come up with their own proprietary connectors?

No, they will, as I said, go wireless. For headphones, for charging, for output and input. It's just a matter of time.

I hate wires as much as the next guy - with a choice of a set of wireless/bluetooth headphones next to a set of corded headphones I'd pick the wireless/bluetooth ones hands down, 1000% of the time. That's the main reason I don't really care about the headphone jack going away, personally - I have several pairs of bluetooth headphones and despite cords, especially given the nature of my job where they can get tangled up in **** and cause me grief.

Back
Top Bottom