Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof

Watched my first Tim Cook event today. He is a pretty awful speaker. All the cult-leader magic is gone from Apple. It's all beige businessmen that over-use the word "phenomenal" any chance they get.

That said, the 7 Plus dual cameras seem really nifty. I want them in the smaller phone.

I'm happy with my Z30 at the moment. However...it may be time to update because the lack of apps completely is really getting annoying. Thinking of a 5S or DTEK50...Let the new 7 come...means that pricing for the older models will drop down a bit.

Can't believe they're getting rid of the headphone jack. These guys are out to lunch.

Sent from my raven

The iSheep can have it.

I'm still more than happy with my Passport.

So I can't play Pokemon while driving, so what.

Can't believe they're getting rid of the headphone jack. These guys are out to lunch.

Sent from my raven

, hellloooo
It's for your benefit, helllo
use your bluetooth headset...you know the ones you will need to ensure is charged all the time, lol

Blu seems to make some decent phones.

The iSheep can have it.

Just when I thought we could have a productive conversation without the childish name calling, here we go.

Anyhow. I'm an Apple guy. Have been since the first iPhone. I find the 7 unsurprising and not terribly interesting compared to the 6+ I already own. I will wait for the 8 instead.

Headphone jack, well...hard to say. It wouldn't be the first time Apple made a big change that ruffled feathers and people called stupid, yet 2 or 3 years later the rest of the industry followed. Personally, I won't miss it, everything I own is bluetooth, and being able to have the phone waterproof without needing a plug for the headphone jack (which of course would become the achilles heel of such) is a decent tradeoff IMHO.

Just when I thought we could have a productive conversation without the childish name calling, here we go.

Sorry if I offended you bro, just seems the Apple fans are so die hard.

My wife/kids have iPhones, Blackberries, Samsung Galaxy, Windows phone (can't remember which one), so we're not so biased as you may be assuming.

I don't personally like Apple, and ya I can be a name caller if need be

Anyhow. I'm an Apple guy. Have been since the first iPhone. I find the 7 unsurprising and not terribly interesting compared to the 6+ I already own. I will wait for the 8 instead.

Headphone jack, well...hard to say. It wouldn't be the first time Apple made a big change that ruffled feathers and people called stupid, yet 2 or 3 years later the rest of the industry followed. Personally, I won't miss it, everything I own is bluetooth, and being able to have the phone waterproof without needing a plug for the headphone jack (which of course would become the achilles heel of such) is a decent tradeoff IMHO.
My s7 is waterproof or "water resistant" for up to 5 feet for as long as 30 minutes and it has a headphone jack.

Why would anyone want to have their phone in the water for longer than 5 seconds anyway

Sent from my raven

I'm happy with my Z30 at the moment. However...it may be time to update because the lack of apps completely is really getting annoying. Thinking of a 5S or DTEK50...Let the new 7 come...means that pricing for the older models will drop down a bit.
Black Berry is the best phone on the market. You don't need anything else

My s7 is waterproof or "water resistant" for up to 5 feet for as long as 30 minutes and it has a headphone jack.

Why would anyone want to have their phone in the water for longer than 5 seconds anyway

Lots of places question the legitimacy of that, although yeah, it's gonna survive the two most common water accidents that kill phones (toilets and pools) better than an iPhone. It all comes down to "resistant" vs "proof".

As for why people would want to have their phone underwater for more than 5 seconds, look no further than a GoPro for lots and lots of reasons - Diving, watersports, etc etc. Just last winter we were on a cruise and went for an excursion to see Stingrays off a reef in the caribbean - I'd have loved to be able to dunk my iPhone underwater for some footage.

Lots of places question the legitimacy of that, although yeah, it's gonna survive the two most common water accidents that kill phones (toilets and pools) better than an iPhone. It all comes down to "resistant" vs "proof".

As for why people would want to have their phone underwater for more than 5 seconds, look no further than a GoPro for lots and lots of reasons - Diving, watersports, etc etc. Just last winter we were on a cruise and went for an excursion to see Stingrays off a reef in the caribbean - I'd have loved to be able to dunk my iPhone underwater for some footage.
Well the iPhone 7 is water resistant as well so....

Sent from my raven

Well the iPhone 7 is water resistant as well so....

Sent from my raven

Exactly. I think the goal at this point for all phones is to survive the stereotypical toilet incident, or the owner (with the phone in his pocket) getting pushed in the pool by a prankster. Seen both in person before, and see phones die as a result. If a rudimentary level of protection become standard on mobile phones where they'll survive those quick immersion scenarios, I think it'll make most people happy.

If there is ONE company that ACED sucking money out of your wallet, its Apple.

No headphone jack, but you can buy our $219 wireless ear buds now and they only last for 5 hours, but go ahead, buy em.

No expansion slot, but you can buy a higher gig model for extra cash.

PURE. BRILLIANCE.

I have my own reasons for never owning an iPhone, but man is this company fascinating to watch how it dupes people out of their hard earned cash.

Last edited:
and being able to have the phone waterproof without needing a plug for the headphone jack (which of course would become the achilles heel of such) is a decent tradeoff IMHO.

I'm very sure this is isn't the reason why they deleted the headphone jack. On the Note 7, the headphone jack remains plugless and the phone is waterproof. Heck, you can even pull out the stylus while you are under water and start doodling on your phone with no fears of water damage.

Many thought they were deleting the jack to make the phone thinner, but it remains the same thickness as the 6.

Back
Top Bottom