Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breaking NEWS- New iPhone 7 water resistant/proof

I'm no fan of Samsung (and their recent spat of issues from phones to washing machines shows that their quality control is apparently lacking), but this seems stupid.

What kind of "loss" are these people suing for? Are they suing because their feelings were hurt, or because their phone *might* have blown up?

C'mon. They recalled them and offered refunds or alternatives. Yes, there's some question if they did it as fast as they should and via the correct procedures...but they did it.

Of course, they're ultimately just looking for some free money. In the end even if they get anything it'll proabably be $10 or $20 each after the lawyers suck up the bulk of any settlement as is status quo for most of these class action BS suits.

Who the hell cares? As a customer, I've been riding the wave and reaping all kinds of benefits. Anyone who uses a Galaxy that isn't a hater will tell you its the best hardware on the market. Simply beautiful, sleek and gorgeous with stunning display and incredible battery life and other neat features like wireless charging.

From the recall days, they gave $50 credits, free loaner phones, full refund on the Note and all accessories, a huge discount on my replacement Galaxy to stay with Samsung, and I hear Note 8 customers may get reduced rates to maintain our loyalty. Im ok with that. At the end of the day, nothing was lost on my end.

Now hopefully some good comes from this lawsuit so I can collect more cash.

I don't care how much money they lost, if they go out of business, lose market share, just keep pumping great a product and taking care of me.....

'beautifulness' aside, I gotta say the Pixel is at the top of the game right now for performance and battery life. For the first time in forever, I am ACTUALLY getting 2 full days of use. I charge this phone every other night. I've been seeing 40% battery life remaining with over 3.5hrs screen-on time. Performance is top notch - I credit that to the 821 combined with fully stock Android.

Anyone who uses a Galaxy that isn't a hater will tell you its the best hardware on the market. Simply beautiful, sleek and gorgeous with stunning display and incredible battery life and other neat features like wireless charging.

And anyone who's not a Samsung/Droid fanboy wouldn't be willing to look past the stats that showed otherwise.

The reviews, before the recall, were fairly clear and consistent.

• The Samsung had the better screen. No debate there.
  • iPhone had better overall performance by a wide margin - simply look at the 1 on 1 comparisons anywhere (even the hardest core android sites) and it got trounced.
  • iPhone had the better camera. Yeah, biased sites skewed it one way or the other but when you found unbiased reviews and comparisons (especially after the bokeh update) it ran away with it.
  • iPhoneOS was consistently snappier and more streamlined thanks to the lack of bloatware that Samsung is famous for lumping over what should be vanilla Android. They can't seem to dump the bloatware, a common and long standing complaint about Samsung phones vs others who opt for Vanilla android.
  • The retina scanner was clearly becoming a "feature" that simply never worked well enough to realistically used by most people. One of the louder complaints about the N7 was "too many trinkets", and the iris scanner was top of the list. Most found it frustrating and unreliable, opting to simply use the fingerprint sensor instead which Samsung seems to have finally mastered.
  • The iPhone7 speakers ran away with any comparison.
  • Android still wins on the customization options. Not a Samsung "win" though, it's an OS win.

Even Android Central had to conclude that the Note7 wasn't all that.

Which should you buy? Well, if you want a phone you can explore and make your own, knowing it has features you'll probably never use but will still be a great overall experience, you want a Note 7. If you want the most powerful phone with the truest to life imagery, and don't mind being told you don't need other features you might find interesting in order to have that experience, the iPhone 7 Plus is exceptional.

So iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus?

My 5c has gone through the ringer. Fell off the bike, screen replaced.

Other than a little on the small side and battery life almost making it necessary to be on charge the majority of the time. (Charges quickly though).

Full disclosure, I get what my employer provides so, it's not like I'm an Apple guy. It's free.

But my phone has outlasted the Samsung fellas at work and many are jumping ship to Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Comes down to your size preference basically, some people don't like the larger phablet form of the + phones opting to go with the smaller one instead. Others do like the extra screen real estate of the plus models, and they do have a few extra features such as optical image stabilization for video and a larger battery.

Best bet is to go somewhere with both models on display and spend 10 or 15 minutes with each browsing, holding it up to your head simulating a phone call, typing, etc.

Whilst I will agree that USB-C is the connector of the future and eventually most things will use it some day, the phase out of regular old USB on the new MacBooks was, I will agree, stupid.

Of there were wireless options to the many things people plug into the computers via USB it would be different, but there isn't. And dongles suck.

Whilst I will agree that USB-C is the connector of the future and eventually most things will use it some day, the phase out of regular old USB on the new MacBooks was, I will agree, stupid.

Of there were wireless options to the many things people plug into the computers via USB it would be different, but there isn't. And dongles suck.

What happened to eco conscience?

All these connectors getting dumped in the garbage.
USB is solid, just make the wire with 4 or 8 wires inside for future use.
Keep the USB end and change the other end (device end)...It's not like you are pumping 1GB of data through USB every second that you need that drastic speed.
WTH!

Also, get 1 damn laptop charger.

So iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Plus is big and goofy looking. Huge azz ugly bezels. Throw on a bulky case, and it looks simply ridiculous.

What the hell were the designers thinking?

Samsung does big phones BEST.

I'd go with the regular 7.

Who the hell cares? As a customer, I've been riding the wave and reaping all kinds of benefits. Anyone who uses a Galaxy that isn't a hater will tell you its the best hardware on the market. Simply beautiful, sleek and gorgeous with stunning display and incredible battery life and other neat features like wireless charging.

From the recall days, they gave $50 credits, free loaner phones, full refund on the Note and all accessories, a huge discount on my replacement Galaxy to stay with Samsung, and I hear Note 8 customers may get reduced rates to maintain our loyalty. Im ok with that. At the end of the day, nothing was lost on my end.

Now hopefully some good comes from this lawsuit so I can collect more cash.

I don't care how much money they lost, if they go out of business, lose market share, just keep pumping great a product and taking care of me.....

Wow I love the entitlement in your post...gimme gimme gimme....I deserve this....I deserve that....more gimme more! **** no wonder the world is becoming what it is where everyone just wants more and more for nothing. You were inconvenienced...granted...but wow. I hope the judge throws out their lawsuit.

Wow I love the entitlement in your post...gimme gimme gimme....I deserve this....I deserve that....more gimme more! **** no wonder the world is becoming what it is where everyone just wants more and more for nothing. You were inconvenienced...granted...but wow. I hope the judge throws out their lawsuit.

When you are shelling out $1000+ for an item that costs barely $200 to make, hell yeah.

You tell me who the greedy ones are?

When you are shelling out $1000+ for an item that costs barely $200 to make, hell yeah.

S7 32g cost to manufacture, $255USD (So hardly $200), retail $599 USD, profit margin 57.4%.

And before anyone cries about it...

iPhone 7 32g, $224.80 cost to manufacture, $649 USD retail, profit margin 65.4%. Yeah, Apple makes more but not grossly so.

That aside, your lawsuit comments don't paint your opinion in a favourable light.

They could have charged you a bazillion dollars, if you made the purchase by choice then greed has nothing to do with it.

Hey @mimico_polak you see this?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Got it but beyond my price point at this time :( Plus I prefer smaller phones (5S as a max personally) and not a fan of the XL gigantor phones.

Back
Top Bottom