518, 124 & 520! | GTAMotorcycle.com

518, 124 & 520!

Rkt14

Site Supporter
Just thought I'd throw it out there for those who have not taken a ride through the 518 north of Parry Sound, DO ITTTTTT!!! . Such a fun ride!

A little farther north but worth the trip, also ride the 124 and 520 while you're up there if you end up going. Those are also very nice rides !

Plan to be out for the day as well !

We had so much fun on Hwy 518 in July that we ended up doing it 4 times throughout the weekend! Don't miss out on Hwy 632 and Tally-Ho Swords road as well.

We were up in Kearney for the last 2 weeks of August.
518 is definitely a blast!
Talking to the locals though, the stretch through Orrville sees a lot of accidents, so be mindful and stay in your lane.
From Orrville south, Talley Ho Swords to 141 through Rosseau then Aspdin road to Huntsville is also great.

If you're planning on visiting Muskoka and Parry regions you can plan some nice rides here:
http://explorersedge.ca/ride-edge-motorcycle-touring-explorers-edge/

There are 2 sections of 520, one that runs from Ardbeg to hwy 124, and another one that runs from 124 to 11. Did you do them both? Did you try the Bunny Trail?

Re: 518, 124 & 520!http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/images/icons/icon14.png

I have heard so many people talk about 518 yet I have never ridden it.Gotta get up their one day....Trip sounds like it was fun op:thumbup:

Just thought I'd throw it out there for those who have not taken a ride through the 518 north of Parry Sound, DO ITTTTTT!!! . Such a fun ride!

A little farther north but worth the trip, also ride the 124 and 520 while you're up there if you end up going. Those are also very nice rides !

Plan to be out for the day as well !

Thanks for the reminder. Used to run that many times been over 10 years since I rode that. Did it today on my FJR. What a blast. Was a good run. Practically no traffic today. Just a couple of cruisers just before Sprucedale.

Did you try the Bunny Trail?
And a great set of roads leading to the Bunny trail is McDougall Road and Hurdville Road - both just northeast of Parry Sound. Also, the section of the 518 that is east of Hwy11 is pretty nice including Chetwynd Rd. Here's a great route of these roads including the best parts of the 520, 518, Ravenscliffe Rd, Chetwynd Rd, Swords Rd, McDougall Rd, Hurdville Rd and the Bunny Trail.

There also some pretty sweet hard packed dirt/fire roads that are easy to do on street tires and really quiet and scenic.

I think I might have to go up there once more before the season is out!

I was actually on McDougall/Hurdsville today. First time on that road, loved it.

I haven't tried those roads east of Burks Falls, will try to work them in next time I'm up there.

Back
Top Bottom