Bike Storage (heated) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Storage (heated)

This topic came up last fall as well.
I actually looked into starting this service myself in Toronto, but the cost of renting a warehouse, insurance etc. in the city was prohibitive.
Then add hydro for trickle chargers for 20 or 30 bikes.
Like $600-$700 for 5 months storage.
I noticed that those places mentioned by other posters are all out in the boonies.
The reaction I had previously was everyone wanted it downtown.

Can someone describe the benefits of heated storage? I store my bike in my garage which is not heated (temps inside fall below 0) and never had any problems.

Can someone describe the benefits of heated storage? I store my bike in my garage which is not heated (temps inside fall below 0) and never had any problems.
There really isn't any

from my experience none. I have never had a heated garage. From old simple bikes to modern bikes with lots of electronics, never had an issue. Just plug it in, set it and forget it. Pull it out in the spring, hit the start button and ride away.

More peace of mind now than anything.
On older bikes there was always the fear of condensation forming in the motor, gas tanks, exhaust pipes etc... when ambient temperatures fluctuate up and down over the season.

Back
Top Bottom