I crashed today | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I crashed today

Who peed in your cereal?
Why? I think I gave solid advice.

It is a fact that riding is not for everyone but I guess you focused on that instead of the rest of the post.

It's cool, I don't like cereal but I am guessing your steak is not well done and bloody

In my experience working night shift and then riding afterwards doesn't mix well. I work night shift and am on a 1 or 2 week rotating schedule. Def do not touch the bike in the morning after such a shift. Everyone is different but I know when I'm too tired to ride.

This is very good advice. Every rider should take at least one of these regardless of what they ride or how long they have ridden. Bikes come and go but skill lasts a lifetime.

Learning experience. We've all had them. The bike didn't stand up and run wide because it has a mind of its own, nor was it because you shut the throttle. The bike stood up and ran wide because, whether intentionally or not, that's what you asked it to do.

When the car came into view, did you look at the car? Or did you look at the place where you had to aim in order to not hit it?

Winter project ... sign yourself up for an advanced riding course ... any of them, take your pick. FAST, Racer5, Total Control.

Hate to say it but riding might not be for you, it isn't for everyone. Losing control at 40/50 km an hour means that your brain is behind what is happening on the road and it is not yet able to deal with any speed.

This normally happens to new riders that are not looking ahead enough and are focusing on what is immediately in front of them, I doubt your problem is only on turns.

A course is the way to go but until then if you chose to keep riding just be really careful and practice the number one rule everywhere you go (look at where you want to go and not at the object you don't want to hit and always look way far ahead, you will feel in a lot more control)

The good thing is that you at least are blaming yourself and not putting the fault in anything else.
Good advice. Ty.
Except on giving up riding.

As I mentioned earlier, I was riding great from 9 to 10. The crash was 15min after 10. We already made good run on the twisties then we stopped for a 10 min break. I thought we were going home because we take a fairlt straight street. I think i got bored and sleepy. Then lost full concentration.

Once again, im blaming no one but me. My point is, i can corner but it was a beginner's mistake to roll off the throttle and I acept that mistake as a learning lesson.

I dont feel any phobia unlike some rider that crash and has bike-o-phobia after.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I crashed today. Minor rash on bike's nose. I walk away unscathed. Full gear saved me from road rash. Im Ok. The bike is Ok.

I was leaning on a 30kph turn at around 40 to 50 kph. Midturn i got surprise on a car, i accidentally roll of the throttle. Then the bike stood up and run wide. Nxt thing I know, im sliding on my left side. The bike was sliding on the pavement and then fell in a ditch.

If you're going to run off the road via car surprise ditch is probably one of the better places to end up. Except maybe a rhubarb patch. But the odds of that happening are pretty slim in Ontario. Conversely, you could have hit a guardrail - which are more designed to protect themselves than you - a mail box (multiple or single), a light standard, a tattooed and pregnant sidewalk commandette and/or get tangled up in a pitbull leash. The last one I don't even want to think about because now you've a Mike Tyson on roids type situation on your hands. I think, all in all, you came out of this in pretty good shape. I didn't read the rest of the thread so far but I wouldn't be surprised if somebody suggested quitting riding or buying a lottery ticket. That's just a hunch as GTAM can be pretty predictable in that sense. I'd say go with your gut. Ping @JoeBrass he knows about that. Don't ask about rhubarb. I don't think he's into fibre or ruffage in general.

edit: just caught something about urinating in the cereal, I may be out of my depth here but I stand by what I said so far.

Last edited:
22f3fb92b81b9e340c2b58b20e82d8a8.jpg

22f3fb92b81b9e340c2b58b20e82d8a8.jpg

:thumbup: 1014 words right there. This thread is ramping up nicely. (to the mods please consider making the thumb a sticky, what a pita)

Yeah. He wants me to crash on 270 kph instead of 40/50. I guess no noob should b able to crash low speed and become better rider?

About not crashing at all :)

**** happens but at 50km/hr is not about that but lack of skill, and if you can't fully concentrate while ridding then again, ridding is not for everyone.

Glad you are OK, A coarse instructor around here would say , there are two types of riders..those that have been down then those that are going down. Nice to see you had proper gear.
How about you post up a actual pic of your rear tire this might help with the debate going on.

Glad you are OK, A coarse instructor around here would say , there are two types of riders..those that have been down then those that are going down. Nice to see you had proper gear.
How about you post up a actual pic of your rear tire this might help with the debate going on.
My rear tire is new. I comute on highway and goes to twisties once or twice a month due to rotating weekend sched.And I dont think its going to prove anything. Actually, I dont have to prove anything. Im just sharing my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRrider View Post
Glad you are OK, A coarse instructor around here would say , there are two types of riders..those that have been down then those that are going down.

Wrong but there is no convincing some to stop spouting it. Stats are 60% of on pavement riders will not have an accident. ( stupid zero speed drops aside )

Wrong but there is no convincing some to stop spouting it. Stats are 60% of on pavement riders will not have an accident. ( stupid zero speed drops aside )

Who's to say those who "spout it" are not including falling over at a light when they make such statements? I always interrupted it as such. I don't think I personally know anyone who doesn't have some silly low speed tip over story.

Back
Top Bottom