I crashed today | GTAMotorcycle.com

I crashed today

joey12jet1

I crashed today. Minor rash on bike's nose. I walk away unscathed. Full gear saved me from road rash. Im Ok. The bike is Ok.

I was leaning on a 30kph turn at around 40 to 50 kph. Midturn i got surprise on a car, i accidentally roll of the throttle. Then the bike stood up and run wide. Nxt thing I know, im sliding on my left side. The bike was sliding on the pavement and then fell in a ditch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Well, you live and you learn son. If it's any consolation, this won't likely be the last time. Glad you're OK.

Glad you're okay. They aren't kidding when they say "look through the corner" and "look where you want to go."

Alex-Gobert-Turn-9-72-dpi.jpg

Helps avoid target fixation and helps you see what's coming...

Learning experience. We've all had them. The bike didn't stand up and run wide because it has a mind of its own, nor was it because you shut the throttle. The bike stood up and ran wide because, whether intentionally or not, that's what you asked it to do.

When the car came into view, did you look at the car? Or did you look at the place where you had to aim in order to not hit it?

Winter project ... sign yourself up for an advanced riding course ... any of them, take your pick. FAST, Racer5, Total Control.

Learning experience. We've all had them. The bike didn't stand up and run wide because it has a mind of its own, nor was it because you shut the throttle. The bike stood up and ran wide because, whether intentionally or not, that's what you asked it to do.

When the car came into view, did you look at the car? Or did you look at the place where you had to aim in order to not hit it?

Winter project ... sign yourself up for an advanced riding course ... any of them, take your pick. FAST, Racer5, Total Control.

Check and check.

What Brian said, it's amazing what you can learn at this courses for betterment of your riding skills. Fawaz and his crew at Racer5 are amazing and Lee Parks' Total Control is a 180° change on what you and your bike can do together.

Do it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you're ok OP. Lesson learned I guess and keep at it. From the looks of it gear did it's job as it could've been much worse!

Glad you're ok OP. Proper gear makes a big difference, still probably going to be a bit sore today, sometimes it creeps in the next day.

Ride within your ability.

On the street, for the most part I agree. However it's our ability that we all need to work on, we know the machines are capable, and to better yourself you need to push your comfort levels and abilities.

Just my 2 cents

+1. People think courses are expensive, but they are cheap compared to crashing.

Glad you walked away.

Hate to say it but riding might not be for you, it isn't for everyone. Losing control at 40/50 km an hour means that your brain is behind what is happening on the road and it is not yet able to deal with any speed.

This normally happens to new riders that are not looking ahead enough and are focusing on what is immediately in front of them, I doubt your problem is only on turns.

A course is the way to go but until then if you chose to keep riding just be really careful and practice the number one rule everywhere you go (look at where you want to go and not at the object you don't want to hit and always look way far ahead, you will feel in a lot more control)

The good thing is that you at least are blaming yourself and not putting the fault in anything else.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but riding might not be for you, it isn't for everyone. Losing control at 40/50 km an hour means that your brain is behind what is happening on the road and it is not yet able to deal with any speed.

This normally happens to new riders that are not looking ahead enough and are focusing on what is immediately in front of them, I doubt your problem is only on turns.

A course is the way to go but until then if you chose to keep riding just be really careful and practice the number one rule everywhere you go (look at where you want to go and not at the object you don't want to hit and always look way far ahead, you will feel in a lot more control)

A bit too quick to say "riding might not be for you" - Just that some basic concepts have not been taught or grasped quite yet.

You have our crappy licensing system to blame for that where you're allowed to ride on 100km/h roads from taking a test in a parking lot where you barely break 40km/h in a straight line. The only way I broke 40km/h on the CBR125 during the lessons was because I decided to be a rebel and shift to third when they said only shift up to second. <- Got a badass over here.

Hence the word "Might"

Leaning at 40/50 is not really leaning, is more like slightly veering.
A bit too quick to say "riding might not be for you" - Just that some basic concepts have not been taught or grasped quite yet.

You have our crappy licensing system to blame for that where you're allowed to ride on 100km/h roads from taking a test in a parking lot where you barely break 40km/h in a straight line.

Hence the word "Might"

Leaning at 40/50 is not really leaning, is more like slightly veering.

True enough.

It is still a pretty big learning curve for someone starting out to learn on their own.

Practicing by taking curves regularly with no distractions still wouldn't help someone that has never encountered a situation where a vehicle might come the other way and easily get distracted by it. Gotta hammer it into your head to ALWAYS look where you're going which a learner likely wouldn't do naturally.

The good thing is that you at least are blaming yourself and not putting the fault in anything else.
It is entirely my fault. I was riding great from 9 that morning until being tired kicks in. I worked 7am to 7pm the night b4 then meet with a few riders at 8am. I think i lost control because my focus got lost due to being tired. Im not going to ride again after night shift. Lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Tired.... This discussion is about focusing on where you want to go not fixation and being tired.

Being tired can be a huge factor, but I doubt it at 45/50 km/hr. I think it has more to do with lack of experience. Who knows, all we can do is advice, OP will decide what he wants to do
Tired.... This discussion is about focusing on where you want to go not fixation and being tired.

Glad you are ok

Who peed in your cereal?

Back
Top Bottom