west-end Toronto mechanic? vibrations / pulsing at 55 kph | GTAMotorcycle.com

west-end Toronto mechanic? vibrations / pulsing at 55 kph

westend0905a

Hello,

I noticed some vibrations on my '11 Honda CBR250RA today when I'm riding in the 50-60 kph range, especially at 55. I can feel them them in my toes via the foot pegs, and a bit though the handle bars. Seem to go away when I'm in the high 60s and above. Doesn't seem to be a problem at idle, so I'm guess it's not the engine: axle perhaps?

Located in the west-end of Toronto near Parkdale/High Park (M6Rxxx). I'm near Cyclewerx and Studio Cycle Group.

Can anyone comment on the service / repair of the above two shops? Any other recommendation that's not too far? I'm okay to leave my bike at a shop for a few days, provided that's there's reasonable transit for me to get back home.

I'm going for my full-M this week (M2x), and I think I'll be fine for that, but want it looked at soon after.

Thanks for any info.

How many KM's have you yourself put on this bike? Always been there?
What i am getting at is some bike just do put off vibrations...well actually they all do just some bikes are more pronounced and certain riders are bothered more by it.
With that being said is your front tire cupping/scapling?

Thanks for the reply:

Not sure about the exact mileage (would have to check the odo), but I've had it over a year. A few thousand at least.

It's definitely something new: it was not there Friday or Saturday.

I am not familiar with those terms. Both tires look to be properly inflated.

Check out Keith Premdas - he's a great mechanic and was a head mechanic of Suzuki and also a tech for racing.
He's near Keele and St. Clair and a very honest guy. He can do basic work or full tear-downs and rebuilds.
416-893-2837 - you can let him know you got his number from me on here.

Back
Top Bottom