Any owners of 2016 CX-5 and Tucson? Pros and cons? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any owners of 2016 CX-5 and Tucson? Pros and cons?

I purchased the VW. No interest for 5 years and liveliest engine of all the cars I tested. 12 year manufacturer rust warranty.
I'll see how I do with no AWD and only 5" clearance though.
That sounds like some nice incentives. Joe Bass PSA: check the fine print most no interest deals, if not paid in full prior to the interest free period end, back charge the full interest amount.
12 year rust is fantastic. Was gonna caution against the Escape as our 2010 has some rust issues. They seem common.
Congrats btw. Pics? I love me a nice wagon.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

I love me a nice wagon.

As do I... as I start trying to figure out what's going to replace my '06 Dodge Magnum. No wagons on the market have the room this has and I'm trying to stay out of the CUV / SUV market.

^ Good luck. The Ford Flex probably comes closest to the Magnum's form factor. Yeah, it's a crossover, but it's on a related platform to the Taurus.

If you are open to "car-like SUV" (which basically describes the Flex) then the GM Lambda-platform vehicles (Traverse, Acadia, Enclave) might be worth a look, or if those are too big, Equinox/Terrain. Chrysler pushes you towards buying a Jeep or a truck-based utility ... or the new Pacifica minivan, which is evidently quite nice but I suspect not your cup of tea.

^ Good luck. The Ford Flex probably comes closest to the Magnum's form factor. Yeah, it's a crossover, but it's on a related platform to the Taurus.

If you are open to "car-like SUV" (which basically describes the Flex) then the GM Lambda-platform vehicles (Traverse, Acadia, Enclave) might be worth a look, or if those are too big, Equinox/Terrain. Chrysler pushes you towards buying a Jeep or a truck-based utility ... or the new Pacifica minivan, which is evidently quite nice but I suspect not your cup of tea.

Flex inside; great. Flex outside; nope! Durango is at the top of the list if I got the CUV/SUV route... so far. And while mini-vans are the ultimate in utility, you're right... they're just not me.

@coyo if I hadn't gone the minivan route (which I do not regret), I was going Magnum. This wagon affair started way back with the iirc '86 Civic wagon, and deepened with the '88 Cavalier. The Magnum brought the nice styling and put it full size, not like our parents' wagons. If I was to go that route today, I would probably opt for the Mazda 5 (although styling is meh ) or the Flex (I like the outside, I think it is kinda tough looking. Wife thinks it looks like a hearse). But SUV wise? Durango is a nice choice. Also a big fan of previous generation Pilot, with it's boxy truck styling.

The current Durango is the same underneath as the current Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's kinda trucky but not really ... it is a unibody vehicle, very much unlike how the Durango started out (on the frame of the Dodge Dakota pickup - even the front-end bodywork was the same back then). It sits higher than what you're used to. If you must have Hemi power it's going to be thirsty, but your Magnum won't be a fuel sipper, either ... probably not much different. If you can live without the V8 badge, the Pentastar / 8-speed combination is excellent.

I've heard good things about the Pentastar... but it will take some getting used to (whatever I get) as my Magnum is the R/T with the Hemi...

The current Durango is the same underneath as the current Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's kinda trucky but not really ... it is a unibody vehicle, very much unlike how the Durango started out (on the frame of the Dodge Dakota pickup - even the front-end bodywork was the same back then). It sits higher than what you're used to. If you must have Hemi power it's going to be thirsty, but your Magnum won't be a fuel sipper, either ... probably not much different. If you can live without the V8 badge, the Pentastar / 8-speed combination is excellent.

I love wagons. We get totally screwed here. Even Acura had a wagon for few years but of course south of the border only. And what happened to Legacy? Why are we only good enough for Outback?

My dad has a Flex, not a bad car. Super roomy. Guzzles a bit though. Heavy thing. Looks are not so bad if you get monotone.

I was thinking about the 300 before because of huge capacity but can't stand the lack of visibility, felt like sitting in a coffin.

BTW, that Golf has 66 cubic ft capacity with rear seats down, which is more than many CUVs.
Thanks for the advice Joe, I intend to pay off early, so should be no issues. I have no pics, no car yet. Waiting for it to be shipped from some godforsaken corner of Canada. Wanted black and they were mostly sold out. At any rate, the only time I take pictures of cars is before I sell them. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom