Two up touring on a Wee Strom | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Two up touring on a Wee Strom

It also has a higher load limit than the liter bike .....the lighter motor being the reason for that allowing more luggage/passenger weight headroom..
400+ km on a fill up .....nice seating position and with a Madstat bracket on little or no buffeting at speed....I can ride all day lost in audio books.

Stay with Honda I find the CBF ok for solo but not comfy for 2 up touring - passenger is cramped and not comfy for rider. I just got the African twin which was best for 3 up touring. Me, my girl and my dog. 30' inseam and I am ok with the Africa twin.

Yeah the CBF is really nice solo tourer and looks good without a top case. Some of the guys in Merrie Olde tour them all over Europe tho.

Wee carries a lot more especially with Jesse's

Good info on the African Twin - might try it next summer on demo Days.

Stay with Honda I find the CBF ok for solo but not comfy for 2 up touring - passenger is cramped and not comfy for rider. I just got the African twin which was best for 3 up touring. Me, my girl and my dog. 30' inseam and I am ok with the Africa twin.

I hear its got automatic transmission?

DCT ... but only on the silver.
Even tho I loved the ECVT on the Burgman Honda's dual clutch automatic was nothing to write home about.
Rode the VFR1200 with it and less than impressed ..too erratic tho the paddle shifting worked well.

Who isn't going to snag the manual just on colour alone

2016-honda-africa-twin-4.jpg

The Africa twin looks like the pillion padding is a bit thin and the difference in seat height looks less than the difference in seat heights meaning the Squeeze will be riding with legs bent too much - as she was on a sport bike.

djez, does your girl have any trouble on long trips?

I demoed a Weestrom and found the riding position for me too cramped. Pegs were too high and I had to let my legs dangle - this just on a short demo ride. Had the same problem with my short lived Katana. My buddies who test rode the 1000cc Strom found it similar - legs cramped.

MacDoc tell me about the NT700. There's a 2010 with top box and hard bags for sale in London. Looks like a bike I should have a test fit on.

Maybe try a Connie? I swapped my pegs out for lowered Goldwing pegs.

MacDoc tell me about the NT700. There's a 2010 with top box and hard bags for sale in London. Looks like a bike I should have a test fit on.

Boooooring. Had high hopes for it. Integrated side cases are too small. Strom with peg lowering kit a much better fit.
Also there are taller seats. What is your inseam.

I bought Vstrom 1000 for the same reason. Riding with my wife on it is super comfortable, she's quite happy.

only issue I'd see 2 up on the the Wee is in bad weather
windy, rainy, shytty day where you still have to get your miles,
you'll be wanting a little more bike

Take a course.

What's the problem with Wee in bad weather?

Boooooring. Had high hopes for it. Integrated side cases are too small. Strom with peg lowering kit a much better fit.
Also there are taller seats. What is your inseam.

Can you give me a little more detail. I'm coming from a Wing so except for tractor like pull climbing a mountain or getting on the freeway, it didn't hold a lot of excitement.

All we really need is something that fits us both, will get us up to speed on the interstate, and preferably has hardbags.

I'd really like to get a bike we can just load and go. Buying a bike that doesn't fit (strom) and hoping to find the right add ons to make it work is not my first choice.

It won't do what you want IMSHO and if the Vstrom didn't fit the D'eauville certainly will not.
The Wing has power and comfort and good luggage space...the D'eauville has comfort.

Solo ...sure ...two up ..don't think so. Up to you ....you asked my opinion ....

Side panniers are not removable and only 22.5 litres each versus 33 on a factory Vstrom and 33 on the CBF1000.

Why don't you drop by and try my CBF1000 - see if it fits....lighter. more power, less money - better brakes......

I'd like that but just can't see the Squeeze being comfy on the back - rear pegs lots high.

I considered a Bandit 1250R - fit me great but was too much of a sport bike like perch for her. Sadly for her every bike is going to be a step down from the Wing

Can you give me a little more detail. I'm coming from a Wing so except for tractor like pull climbing a mountain or getting on the freeway, it didn't hold a lot of excitement.

All we really need is something that fits us both, will get us up to speed on the interstate, and preferably has hardbags.

I'd really like to get a bike we can just load and go. Buying a bike that doesn't fit (strom) and hoping to find the right add ons to make it work is not my first choice.

I had a Wee-Strom and my wife was really comfi for 2-up touring, but it did not have the excitement I was looking for. We've rented an R1200RT, Tiger Explorer & R1200GS for touring in Europe and really enjoyed the RT & Tiger, but both are expensive. My current ride is a 2011 Ninja 1000, which is a blast to ride, but my wife isn't up for more than 350 kms as the seat is small and the passenger foot pegs are high. I absolutely love that engine, so I see a Versys 1000 in our future for 2-up touring. It has good leg room for both, one of the top rated passenger seats, comes with 28 l side bags and is 3-bags capable (unlike the Ninja) and capacity for around 470 lbs rider, passenger & luggage weight.

Seriously? Going 160+ kph all day long isn't enough for you in pouring rain?

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom