Abandoned Rail Trail ride St Thomas area | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Abandoned Rail Trail ride St Thomas area

It would be great to make it part of a ride, not so much as a destination. Don't get out to that part of southern Ontario much. Be nice to explore. Oh I already mentioned that, well it would be nice!

Could you please indicate where to catch that rail trail? I'd like to explore that tomorrow if the weather is as promised. Thx.

Just west of St thomas are 2 rail lines visible on google maps, the south one passes thru the triangle junction of lyle rd and blind line. Thats where I would start.

Looks like a different sky might have fallen. Took the bike out just now for a test ride after spooning on a new tire last night (wrong size! another rant) not out 5 minutes and I start loosing power, rev past 3ish and it stalls. Noticed I had the choke still on just the slightest amount but I don't think long enough or engaged enough to be a problem. Nice warm morning for the 20 minute push home. Now I'm off to pull the plug and see if that can ruled out. Keep you posted.

Motorcycling is fun, motorcycling is fun, motorcycling is fun..............

What are you riding? and thanx for the rail trail location. I'm going to take a serious stab at going tomorrow (solo). Fix loose headlight, one broken off turn signal and chain/sprockets this afternoon. That's about 6 hours labour for me. Fun.

Brand new plug no difference. Starts up and idles fine. Rev it past 3 grand and it stalls. ????
Carb or spark? Time for a shot of whisky and a beer. Probably won't help but can't hurt at this point

Last edited:
Water in the gas. Drain the carb bowl assuming it's carburetted

Water in the gas. Drain the carb bowl assuming it's carburetted

Close dirt in the float bowl. Just got it back together and heard it rev nicely past 5. sorry for the drama.

Anyone from here we should try to meet? Inreb? Scuba Steve?

Close dirt in the float bowl. Just got it back together and heard it rev nicely past 5. sorry for the drama.

Anyone from here we should try to meet? Inreb? Scuba Steve?

Speaking of drama.....I got everything done except my twin air is drying on the bench, oil it in the morning. I'm going to watch the weather, possibly the MotoGP, and then spend the rest of the day riding. I hate to make promises I can't keep but will be into that area for sure. Maybe I'll run into you. What are you riding?

I am going to be practicing some off road skills closer to home tomorrow and won't be able to make it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tan klr650

White DR650.

Hit the rail trail off of Blind Line. Way deep gravel, not conducive to my 120/80/18 F/R Shinko 705 mounted to the front. Did a couple hundred yards. No Trespassing sign present. I mean there was no "trespassing" sign but there was a "No Trespassing" sign. Got off that. Port Stanley for coffee. Nice seaside town. Beats Dover for Summer of '42 feel. Good ride.

Back
Top Bottom