Abandoned Rail Trail ride St Thomas area | GTAMotorcycle.com

Abandoned Rail Trail ride St Thomas area

timtune

Site Supporter
Anyone interested in riding the old rail line west of St Thomas?

Rode it a few years back, earlier in the year and some large puddles made things interesting for the guys on 650s with more street bias tires. I had no problem with my then DRZ400 with trackmasters. By now with the dry summer it should be a mild mannered plonk. We rode west until we'd had enough then south to the shore and back east for lunch on a Port Stanley patio.

I'm flexible on a date and time but a Sunday is my first choice sometime between now and late October. Let me know.

A few of us did this last spring, had a great time. I'd be interested. I'm in Barrie. Where would you be leaving from?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I'm flexible. Some where in St Thomas for breakfast maybe or a gas station on the west side. Whatever will work.

I might be interested. Will watch the thread to see what date is planned.

I'd be interested as well depending on when - just need to properly plan it as I'd be coming from Toronto to meet up with you guys and if the start and end are at the same place then I'll bring my little bike and trailer it out. I'll keep an eye on this thread - haven't ridden anything in Ontario west of Guelph...

I'd like to check this out as well. Is next Sunday (11th) too soon?

I'm free anytime next weekend. We would also be trailering out little bikes so for us we would need start and finish at the same spot. How long is this ride usually?

I'm free next Sunday. So is doozerdave. Who else can make the 11th?

If you want the same start and finish we can ride so far and then turn around and ride back. Every ride is a little different in reverse. As to duration we can ride an hour in one direction then decide if we want to press on or turn tail for home.

I'm about an hour away in St Marys so a start time is flexible. As a suggestion how about we meet at Tim's at 10 am ready to leave for the ride (trailer from here to the start point for some) Those who want to start their day with a nice greasy breakfast can meet at 9 to swap lies and kick tires. There's a Tim's at 191 Talbot street (according to google it's next to a Subway) about 5 or 6 kms from the start so that's as good a place to meet as any.

Thoughts/comments?

This coming weekend is not doable for me, anniversary on Saturday and my wife has booked us to be away for the weekend...plus for others it's either the Calabogie Boogy or the Orange Crush.

Id be interested in a weekday ride for this next week one day - I can trailer us out there and back. If others aren't interested, does anyone have the GPX file?

Would love to join, but going to be away :(

Does anyone want to do this on a weekday next week?

And is it blue plate only? I have blue plate, but no signal lights or mirrors ... I would be up to it for the weekend (wanted to ride Ganny, but something new would be nice), as long as this is legal ... for the most part ... LOL

I don't believe it's a secret spot ( I found it via this board if I recall).
Is it legal? It wasn't plastered with No Trespassing or Keep out signs. When we went last time we met lots of other riders coming and going. That's all I need.
As for a plate? I think green or blue would do fine - that said I'm not a lawyer.

I may be up for this as well and bring the dirt bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So who's willing to commit to this Sunday? Some talked of trailering in so what's a reasonable start time 10? 11?

Doozerdave and I can commit to this Sunday (we are together). Scuba Steve you can trailer with us if you want to come to our house first. We can meet at 10 or 11, whatever works best for everyone.

Doozerdave and I can commit to this Sunday (we are together). Scuba Steve you can trailer with us if you want to come to our house first. We can meet at 10 or 11, whatever works best for everyone.

Or we could meet at a 401 carpool near Woodstock and just load your bike on our trailer.

Back
Top Bottom