Ducati Reliability | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Reliability

Thanks for the replies everyone. Going for a test ride at the weekend.

A few posts on ADV rider said it was quite a different experience from the BMW. The motor is less like a big dirt bike and more liked a more refined tourer. Can't wait :)

Haven't seen it yet but, looking forward to it.

Hi "nakkers" Did you watch this? Very interesting.

Watched 3 series (2 hours each) about Harley Davidson. Was great. Did not know that they sold plans of their bikes to Japan. They need the money as the recession was happening. Ford and Edsell wanted them to build a bike under the Ford flag. They got so far and decided that it was not right for Harley Davidson. Whilst watching wanted to go out and buy one. Just stopped my self. Then remembered I had a Ducati in the Garage.

Went for a test drive at the weekend on a standard Multistrada.

First, it really is a very nice bike. Size and ergos wise it felt quite like the GS.

The motor is completely different though. I always thought part of the charm of the GS was the fact that it feels like a giant dirt bike, with gobs of torque right from low down regardless of gear selection.

The Multistrada almost seems to be the opposite. It likes to rev out - it’s almost like a sports bike motor – and I think you would need to be constantly changing to keep it in the right part of the RPM range. Top end is phenomenal though, but I don’t think it’s what I’m looking for.

I think at this stage I’ll keep the GS through 2017. Reliability wise it’s been great, even the final drive. Supposedly there are some changes coming for the 2018 GS

I have a friend who sold his ST1300 and replaced it with a 1200cc Moto Guzzi Stelvio. He's been riding it for about 2 months and loves it. Reviews are fairly positive and reported reliability seems to be good, shaft drive, very distinctive look.

Everyone I know who rides BMW (RT and GS) has nothing but good things to say about them, however, CAN pricing is crazy and they are very expensive compared to the competition.

It will be interesting to see if BMW do an update. Lots of rumours flying around.

I've had 3 but I find myself doing a lot of off road at the moment so I'm thinking my next one may be a 800

Back
Top Bottom