Ducati Reliability | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Reliability

i am at about 30k km on my ninja and i am about to throw it off a cliff - fantastic bike, great for beginners, teaches you the proper riding technique and dare i say i become a better rider than some of those starting on 600cc. - hell if not more than a toy like the VW Golf

- on a side note - the the MV AMG start? or sputter? - i kid, i kid is a nice looking and sounding bike

go ride some proper roads, try not to throw yourself off a cliff and report back...

Had a 2011 Multistrada S and was very happy with it, it will do anything you want it to minus off-road (they are too pretty for it anyways) but the Enduro may be better at that, fun as hell in the twisties, and good for long HWY stretches.
I had 45k on mine is it hasn't given me any major problems (headlight relay connector corroded and made for a dark ride back from NC), the 24K service is pricey but so is everything else on that bike

I dont own one, but was looking to purchase from GP Bikes a Multi 1200s, drove it on demo days in 2015 and this year and have been following the bike since release in 2015. Not speaking of the Enduro specifically, but there are some pretty major issues that seem to occur frequently and have spilled into the 2016 model as well. There are two forums which I review, Ducati.ms and the Euro counter part. Here are some links for you to check out. For sure get the extended warranty if you consider to purchase one, and ask GP the cost on maintenance. One example, the LCD screen is easily scratched and/or gas spot damage. You can get it replaced under warranty, but if you go beyond, the screen is over a grand. Put a screen protector on it as soon as you get it.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-mult...dback-requested-regarding-major-problems.html
http://ducatiforum.co.uk/forums/multistrada.6/
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/44-multistrada/492681-2015-multistrada-first-problems.html

DVT has only been out for 2 yrs, most of these bikes are garage queens, dont think you will get much feedback here, perhaps post on the Duc forums.

Last edited:
Good lord get the BMW and never ask this question again!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Good lord get the BMW and never ask this question again!

percentage-of-bikes-with-problems_large.JPG

I have had the chance to chat with CAA drivers 3 times in the past 10 months.All three drivers said the same thing about bikes most frequently towed (none had ever rescued a wing).Harley and BMW in that order.Having said that....i was having my Wing towed to a shop.But i guess it's not bad considering it's almost 16 years old.

MV Agusta and Ducati deserve their own chart.

MV Agusta and Ducati deserve their own chart.

There is a funny thread on CMG about MV worth reading.

Would also like to see stats on mileage per year by Brand. I would think that BMW s most likely are ridden twice as far per year than any other brand.

I saw a stat once that the average miles ridden on a HD was just over a 1000 per year.

Would also like to see stats on mileage per year by Brand. I would think that BMW s most likely are ridden twice as far per year than any other brand.

I saw a stat once that the average miles ridden on a HD was just over a 1000 per year.
I'd think the mileage/brand thing would change immensely when considering different models. You average gs rider probably covers alot more distance than your average s1000rr rider. Same with vstrom etc.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I am going to put in my 2 cents worth. Did not want to for fear of jinxing myself. Here goes. Not that I am superstitious. Knock on wood.

2012 Ducati Diavel. Broke it in as per manufacturers. Oil changes when required. Did not skimp on valve jobs, belts etc.

Yes, for the Ducati never cheap. When was fun on a motorbike cheap? Priceless.
Worst that ever happened was a blown headlight bulb.
However, had recalls. Coolant, thermostat. No inconvenience as I waited whilst everything was done. Except for the 48000 service.
Tyres need to be replaced every year. Now, new sprockets and chain.

I do not pamper the bike. Get an average of 46 mpg. Which to be honest surprises me.
Have 61000 on it. Starts every time. love it. Would I recommend this to anybody? Yes, not cheap.

If you want cheap get a bicycle. However, a carbon will cost you $15000.
If you want fun ride a motorcycle that make you smile. Your choice and yours alone.

There is a funny thread on CMG about MV worth reading.
Thanks for that. Was starting to get excited about MV Agusta / AMG. There couldn't be a better marriage. The family pride thing is making this company look foolish. The shareholders should fire the CEO.

I have a 2011 Multistrada with 52,000 KMs on it. Ohlins fork seal went and a shift return spring broke. Besides that it's been perfectly reliable. The new Enduro model is a totally different bike than the "road" Multi. I haven't ridden one as dirt really isn't my thing but I hear they're great.

Meh, plenty of HD garage queens. And on the other side, plenty of touring models with mega miles. Then you got the bar hoppers that go from home to the local Timmies or whatever.

The folks I know that ride HD rack up the clicks. They do have issues but, no more or less than the others.

The thing I like about HD is parts availability and plenty that can wrench in them if needed.

I just buy on line or across the border to avoid Deely tax. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi "nakkers" Did you watch this? Very interesting.

Watched 3 series (2 hours each) about Harley Davidson. Was great. Did not know that they sold plans of their bikes to Japan. They need the money as the recession was happening. Ford and Edsell wanted them to build a bike under the Ford flag. They got so far and decided that it was not right for Harley Davidson. Whilst watching wanted to go out and buy one. Just stopped my self. Then remembered I had a Ducati in the Garage.

I have a 2015 Multistrada DVT. The worse thing that's happened was a blown fork seal on the "mechanical" side at around 8k. A month ago, my wife and I finished a ride out to Newfoundland and back. Rode two-up with camping gear. That trip was 6500 kms and I now have 20k on the bike in the 1 year that I've had it. The bike has been rock solid and nothing seems to phase it. I absolutely love this bike. I don't have any dirt experience but I've ridden some hard-packed dirt roads and it has handled great on the stock tires (Pirelli Scorpion Trail II). I think the bike handles much better with the new Metzeler Roadtec 01 tires that I put on it for the trip. The Enduro has several modifications over my bike that make it better for more aggressive dirt riding, if that's what you're interested in.

Back
Top Bottom