Man without garage buys electric car, then complains about charging | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Man without garage buys electric car, then complains about charging

Nope, meat industry pays government off. No one educates the population about the negative impact of animal consumption on environment and personal health and they keep chasing the red herring that is cars and lightbulbs. Everyone profits.

It is quite simple actually, just not your simple-minded type of simple.

It's hard to get people to see cow farting as a serious problem.

It's hard to get people to see cow farting as a serious problem.

What about the exorbitant use of both renewable and non-renewable resources?

Again, it's really simple, just not for the simple minded.

People who drive these hybrids shouldn't be jokingly lumped in with the vegan crowd because they're actually doing very little to combat anything.

Last edited:
What about the exorbitant use of both renewable and non-renewable resources?

Again, it's really simple, just not for the simple minded.

People who drive these hybrids shouldn't be jokingly lumped in with the vegan crowd because they're actually doing very little to combat anything.

Taking the humour attempt out of my reply "It's hard to get people to take anything seriously as long as they have gas for their SUV and a huge plate of food awaiting."

If we ate what our bodies really just needed there would probably be enough left over from the average western diet to feed another couple of hundred million people.

Electric Vehicles: Turning rare strategic materials into toxic waste with the assistance of government subsidies.

Mini poll:

Anyone here didn't know that consuming meat produces more GHG than consuming grains and veggies?

Mini poll:

Anyone here didn't know that consuming meat produces more GHG than consuming grains and veggies?

Let's see. My food already eats grains and veggies. Therefore, if I eat grains, veggies, and my food, then there must be much more energy used.

Nope. I knew that, or could logically work it out.

Mini poll:

that wasn't my point at all. I was actually saying that it causes more than transportation, so those who drive hybrids yet still consume animal products are not solving anything yet giving themselves a pat on the back for being "proactive" and an "ethical consumer". And likely an "animal lover" too because they own a dog. But it's all ********.

Mini poll:

The caloric / nutritional efficiency of raising livestock as food is pathetic compared to eating the veggies ourselves.

Livestock produce GHGs but I'm not sure about fish. Do fish fart? It doesn't really matter as we're running out of the good ones.

One can avoid the GHG production and still eat red meat by only eating road kill (As long as it doesn't cause flatulence).

We may see some interesting entries in the What's for dinner thread.

that wasn't my point at all. I was actually saying that it causes more than transportation, so those who drive hybrids yet still consume animal products are not solving anything yet giving themselves a pat on the back for being "proactive" and an "ethical consumer". And likely an "animal lover" too because they own a dog. But it's all ********.
If that's your claim, then new mini poll:

How many hybrid drivers here still eat meat?

This chucklehead is going to be my defacto rebuttal everytime somebody questions my ranting on Ontario, and Toronto specifically.

photos-ci-electriccar30.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x725.jpg

photos-ci-electriccar30.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x725.jpg
!

Did anyone actually read the article - he is willing to pay for the installation of cables under the sidewalk, his problem is with the red tape and the fact that laws are not yet changed to accommodate for these types of installations that would be paid by owners.

Here is his point for those with comprehension issues:

Anderson asked his Ward councillor, Paula Fletcher, to help him get approval to park in front of his house at night and to run the charging cord underneath the city-owned sidewalk, an installation he says he is happy to pay for himself.
But Fletcher says that while she’s “all about electric vehicles” and understands his frustration, there’s little she can do in the short term, as both requests would require bylaws to be rewritten.
“I don’t think the city’s moving fast enough,” she said. “We should be anticipating these new developments for the environment and thinking about how to accommodate them.”

Last edited:
Did anyone actually read the article - he is willing to pay for the installation of cables under the sidewalk, his problem is with the red tape and the fact that laws are not yet changed to accommodate for these types of installations that would be paid by owners.

Here is his point for those with comprehension issues:

Anderson asked his Ward councillor, Paula Fletcher, to help him get approval to park in front of his house at night and to run the charging cord underneath the city-owned sidewalk, an installation he says he is happy to pay for himself.
But Fletcher says that while she’s “all about electric vehicles” and understands his frustration, there’s little she can do in the short term, as both requests would require bylaws to be rewritten.
“I don’t think the city’s moving fast enough,” she said. “We should be anticipating these new developments for the environment and thinking about how to accommodate them.”

Its a decent point. The problem is he did it after buying the car not before. Doing it before would have been sensible and would perhaps have started a more serious dialogue. Doing it after seems to be grandstanding.

Did anyone actually read the article - he is willing to pay for the installation of cables under the sidewalk, his problem is with the red tape and the fact that laws are not yet changed to accommodate for these types of installations that would be paid by owners. Here is his point for those with comprehension issues: Anderson asked his Ward councillor, Paula Fletcher, to help him get approval to park in front of his house at night and to run the charging cord underneath the city-owned sidewalk, an installation he says he is happy to pay for himself. But Fletcher says that while she’s “all about electric vehicles” and understands his frustration, there’s little she can do in the short term, as both requests would require bylaws to be rewritten. “I don’t think the city’s moving fast enough,” she said. “We should be anticipating these new developments for the environment and thinking about how to accommodate them.”
Yes we read the article. He wants a private parking spot in front of his house. Probably, couldn't find a doctor to give him a handicapped sticker, and authorize it. It also sounds like the street might be narrow, and parking prohibited on his side. Solution is to buy a house with parking. Then buy whatever car you want. That is all.

Yes we read the article. He wants a private parking spot in front of his house. Probably, couldn't find a doctor to give him a handicapped sticker, and authorize it. It also sounds like the street might be narrow, and parking prohibited on his side. Solution is to buy a house with parking. Then buy whatever car you want. That is all.
So you don't think that this thinking of yours will stop people from purchasing electric vehicles?
If you have to buy a house plus the vehicle it seems like a deterrent to move to electric, instead of just re-evaluating the by-laws to provide exceptions as an intensive to others to buy electric like you know... the HOV lanes.

Jc100 - I think no one will give him the time of day if he hadn't purchase the car first, having the car, the parking tickets amount makes the point more credible than to just say " I would like to buy an E-car but I can't because etc".

Anyways, i got no intentions to argue the point but it seemed from what I read that the conversation happening in this thread didn't reflect the reality of the article and people were jumping to conclusions and talking out of their ***** like you know.. always on gtam

Is it realistic to cater to every whim presented to the city?

Sometimes one just has to suck it up and live with what's there.

Is it realistic to cater to every whim presented to the city?

Sometimes one just has to suck it up and live with what's there.
Exactly. Why anyone would buy an electric car requiring daily home charging when they have no parking. Too bad. No soup for you.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

The word Obtuse comes to mind.

People either don't read or decide to ignore what they read and continue to regurgitate the same points that do not answer the actual topic in hand. No wonder Trump is doing so well.

Why do I even try lol

I gotta agree with all that are saying drama llama.

Kinda like buying a bike with no secure place for it and then being outraged when it is stolen. Yeah it sucks but what did you really THINK was gonna happen? This guy knew he couldn't charge it in front of his house. What did he THINK putting cables across a sidewalk would lead to. **** even I know how the city is gonna react.

Follow the rules of the game. Don't like them? Don't play or get them changed before the game starts. No making up rules in middle.

Ummm........he works for the energy sector. Can you not charge it at work? Why must he charge it at home?

I'd love to have a petro station out front of my home and just stick the nozzle in so I have a full tank before heading out.

Is it the city's responsibility to provide charging stations curbside to accommodate ev parking?

So you don't think that this thinking of yours will stop people from purchasing electric vehicles?
If you have to buy a house plus the vehicle it seems like a deterrent to move to electric, instead of just re-evaluating the by-laws to provide exceptions as an intensive to others to buy electric like you know... the HOV lanes.

Jc100 - I think no one will give him the time of day if he hadn't purchase the car first, having the car, the parking tickets amount makes the point more credible than to just say " I would like to buy an E-car but I can't because etc".

Anyways, i got no intentions to argue the point but it seemed from what I read that the conversation happening in this thread didn't reflect the reality of the article and people were jumping to conclusions and talking out of their ***** like you know.. always on gtam

It's a very expensive way to make a point unless some organisation bought the car for him to make that point. It is something I haven't thought about before though and now I am so the article worked in the desired way for me.

Back
Top Bottom