Man without garage buys electric car, then complains about charging | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Man without garage buys electric car, then complains about charging

Yeah, but then there was no point buying the Volt, if he keeps running it's ICE power source 100% ...

Anyway, I admire people who are ignorant and stupid enough, to give interview/comment to a newspaper about his stupidity. Unbelievable .... dude wanted to help climate change, but he has no outside plug to his disposal or guaranteed parking spot.

At some point infrastructure and bylaws will catch up to the slowly unfolding change, but it's not now yet .... I am sure tomorrow there will be a condo owner complaining he cannot charge his BEV or cannot have solar panels installed on his building roof .... common sense just ain't common anymore.

Granted, I have often wondered about this...if the city is to move on EVs in the future, how exactly is anyone who lives downtown or in a condo going to charge them? Seems like the technology could only work in the suburbs at the moment, or potentially new condos that actually installed metered plugs in every space of their parking structures. I'm guessing a ton of quick charge stations around the city? Still negates some of the pros of being able to charge nightly like you can a cell phone or laptop.

Assuming Telsa can actually meet demands on the Model 3, I wonder how many are going to find themselves in a 'crap I didn't think this through' moment the first time the battery light starts flashing at them.

Yeah, but then there was no point buying the Volt, if he keeps running it's ICE power source 100% ....

A hybrid is still somewhat more efficient than a strictly gasoline/mechanical/old-timey vehicle, particularly in cities where there is a lot of acceleration/deceleration cycles. Not efficient enough that you would save money over one, maybe that's a wash with the rebate the province kicked in. Plus he could still be charging opportunistically at work, on errands, etc. His future car still works and it's not causing him undue hardship, at least

It's actually dead plants, not dinosaurs ... LOL

How do you know it isn't 0.0001% T-Rex in your tank? Even one dinosaur that suffered to allow internal combustion is too much....

Always think back to this too when people go on about throwing out/selling their current car for an EV. Sure they are the future, but they aren't exactly 'green' to build if you don't need one today. Granted, their actual test of the Prius was pretty much just a joke to say buy the M3. lol

[video=youtube;F04MXepYiBs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F04MXepYiBs[/video]

Last edited:
Granted, I have often wondered about this...if the city is to move on EVs in the future, how exactly is anyone who lives downtown or in a condo going to charge them? Seems like the technology could only work in the suburbs at the moment, or potentially new condos that actually installed metered plugs in every space of their parking structures. I'm guessing a ton of quick charge stations around the city? Still negates some of the pros of being able to charge nightly like you can a cell phone or laptop.
Sure, they could do that, it would only take a few decades from the time they get the political will to do it. Much faster will be the advent of driverless cars, which will drive themselves to charging stations as needed.

Of course, what will happen is gov't will be halfway through the neighbourhood conversion for billions of dollars then realize none of it is needed anymore. Ya gotta laugh or you're gonna cry.

Let's go back to when the house was built.

Why isn't there a driveway or garage?

Answer: Because they weren't needed. The house is likely near public transit.

It seems Mr. Volt wants it both ways. He wants to appear green by buying an EV but also wants the freedom to run with the gas crowd.

The real bottom line is that he wants a reserved parking spot.

Sure, they could do that, it would only take a few decades from the time they get the political will to do it. Much faster will be the advent of driverless cars, which will drive themselves to charging stations as needed.

Of course, what will happen is gov't will be halfway through the neighbourhood conversion for billions of dollars then realize none of it is needed anymore. Ya gotta laugh or you're gonna cry.

Raises another question for us here in Ontario....so when your driverless EV gets in an accident going to the charging stations, do your rates still go up? My bet is they will. lol

Are they gluten free?

My bike runs better on gluten free.

Gluten free, free-range, ethically harvested plants.

Last edited:
Always think back to this too when people go on about throwing out/selling their current car for an EV. Sure they are the future, but they aren't exactly 'green' to build if you don't need one today.

Well, that would depend on what kind a car you drive and where you stand as far as environment. I am not sure, that in this particular audience (motorcycle forum) you will find many people who sell perfectly functioning and not so old ICE car for an EV ... just to buy brand new less polluting EV ... and than hop on their very polluting street or dirt bike ... the answer is very simple if it's only about saving running costs taking the environment out of it.

Well, that would depend on what kind a car you drive and where you stand as far as environment. I am not sure, that in this particular audience (motorcycle forum) you will find many people who sell perfectly functioning and not so old ICE car for an EV ... just to buy brand new less polluting EV ... and than hop on their very polluting street or dirt bike ... the answer is very simple if it's only about saving running costs taking the environment out of it.

Actually considering this is a motorcycle forum, I figure more would be dumping their current 4 cylinder sedan for either a tow vehicle (eg. truck) or a sports car, than an EV.

Let's go back to when the house was built.

Why isn't there a driveway or garage?

Answer: Because they weren't needed. The house is likely near public transit.

It seems Mr. Volt wants it both ways. He wants to appear green by buying an EV but also wants the freedom to run with the gas crowd.

The real bottom line is that he wants a reserved parking spot.

^^ this right here puts the kaibosh to the *********'s whining. If he was really green, he'd catch the ****ing bus.

“I wanted to do something about climate change,” said Anderson, who’s been in the renewable energy business for more than a decade.

I see how it makes jobs for people in Ontario as well.”

The real "positive feedback loop" in the "climate change'' hysteria

But like, using gasoline is ethically wrong. Better to fill the tank with water so the car can be vegan instead of eating dead dinosaurs.

I know you're joking, but consumption of animal products actually has a greater detrimental impact on our environment than transportation. Governments use easy targets like cars and lightbulbs to combat "climate change" yet never mention the elephant in the room...because the meat and dairy industry have bought that elephant a very expensive invisibility cloak.

He looks to have a charging station on his front lawn and has to run the cables across the sidewalk to his car. There is only street parking available. If I'm not mistaken you're not guaranteed a spot in front of your house if that's your only option for parking. Trying to wrap my head around this one...

link: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...stuck-trying-to-charge-car-on-the-street.html

1. Make a visit to his neighbourhood
2. Trip on the cables running across the sidewalk
3. ...
4. Profit

I want something for free. I'm just not sure what, yet.*
*channeling my inner inreb today

this guy knew what his situation was before he purchased the electric car.....one of those who feels he is "entitled"

Point is there's a much simpler explanation than your invisibility cloak conspiracy theory.

Nope, meat industry pays government off. No one educates the population about the negative impact of animal consumption on environment and personal health and they keep chasing the red herring that is cars and lightbulbs. Everyone profits.

It is quite simple actually, just not your simple-minded type of simple.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom