Man without garage buys electric car, then complains about charging | GTAMotorcycle.com

Man without garage buys electric car, then complains about charging

maybe he should get a bicycle, I hear TO is bending over backwards to that group of drivers....

And did it not occur to the guy he might have issues in charging, he knew the spot in front of his house was a no parking area and subject to ticketing,,,,,what a moron....

but at the end of the day I won't be surprised if he gets his way....

This gentleman's been in the renewable energy sector for a long time surely he must have known about "cables". Granted you don't need a full grid to charge a car but there is a minimum requirement. I wonder if he has a natural gas bbq? Imagine the surprise. Be that as it may I'd like to spend the rest of the afternoon hurling virtual invective at him but it's sunny out. I don't know if that's ironic or not.

Last edited:
1. Make a visit to his neighbourhood
2. Trip on the cables running across the sidewalk
3. ...
4. Profit

That's what it's coming to. Special treatment for Individuals

I can't find a free place anywhere in Toronto to park for even 5 minutes. Where in the world is the city going to find space for charging stations? The cars need to be parked for a while to charge. I guess they expect those to be free to use as well? This guy got a $12500 tax credit for buying his fancy new electric car. He doesn't have to pay for gas either. I'm sure he can afford a few parking tickets until he realizes he made a stupid decision and sells the car. He can always downgrade to an electric scooter and carry it inside his house to charge. Living downtown is great, isn't it?

I want something for free. I'm just not sure what, yet.*

*channeling my inner inreb today

No sympathy here. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Sounds like a slimy way to try and weasel a reserved parking spot to me.

I can't believe that he'd be that stupid, and still working in the sector.

Sell the house and buy one with a garage.

I'd have said rent a garáge from a neighbor but he'd probably want the owner to pay for the electricity.

Alternatively, put charging stations in the tow yards, and tow it every time he parks illegally.

“I don’t think someone who drives a gas car would put up with not being able to use a gas station on a daily basis,” he said.

He'd
​ put up with it, it seems. Or does he have a double standard for EVs?

This will all be resolved with slf-driving cars. Like, tomorrow, we're told.

I feel for the guy. I want to be able to dock a boat at my house, and the fact that i dont live near water shouldn't limit me.

I feel for the guy. I want to be able to dock a boat at my house, and the fact that i dont live near water shouldn't limit me.

If you would settle for a kayak the tree huggers would probably support kayak lanes.

In other news....person on single home island buys car and demands bridge to be able to use it on the mainland.

I'd like to think people aren't as stupid as the guy in the article, but I give up. People are really that dumb (and self-entitled) these days. Article pretty much reads like one of the parody videos/posts on 'Millennials of New York' too. lol

Last edited:
Hold up... the vehicle in question is a Chevy Volt. It's not even an EV - it's a hybrid. A vehicle designed around the current limitations of pure electric vehicles, such as not being able to find a place to charge. His car will still work perfectly if he can occasionally not charge it.

So not only is it not the city's problem, it's nobody's problem, because there is no problem!!!!!!

Unless I'm missing something or having a moment?!?!

Hold up... the vehicle in question is a Chevy Volt. It's not even an EV - it's a hybrid. A vehicle designed around the current limitations of pure electric vehicles, such as not being able to find a place to charge. His car will still work perfectly if he can occasionally not charge it.

So not only is it not the city's problem, it's nobody's problem, because there is no problem!!!!!!

Unless I'm missing something or having a moment?!?!

But like, using gasoline is ethically wrong. Better to fill the tank with water so the car can be vegan instead of eating dead dinosaurs.

Back
Top Bottom