Latest year to get comprehensive coverage? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Latest year to get comprehensive coverage?

TD only offers liability for my wife's 2001 bandit. 15 years is the cutoff for them.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I have comprehensive on my 1987 Porsche 944...

BelAirDirect, on the other hand, won't write any kind of policy for that car. They told me they won't insure anything over 15 years old and even anything over 10 would be questionable for them.

15 sounds right, thanks guys. I bought a 2006 so no issues there.

Now my issue is actually finding insurance for it, mainly against fire. It's stored inside my apartment at the moment. My current broker Dalton Timmis is saying tenant insurance won't cover it and they don't offer any sort of off-road only policies, it's a dual sport. The only option with them is full comprehensive, which will be great in March 2017, but I could use something now.

Anyone know of a company that will take my money?

15 sounds right, thanks guys. I bought a 2006 so no issues there.

Now my issue is actually finding insurance for it, mainly against fire. It's stored inside my apartment at the moment. My current broker Dalton Timmis is saying tenant insurance won't cover it and they don't offer any sort of off-road only policies, it's a dual sport. The only option with them is full comprehensive, which will be great in March 2017, but I could use something now.

Anyone know of a company that will take my money?

Keep in mind the way motorcycle insurance seasonally rated, if you set up a policy now, the majority of the money you pay from now until March goes towards your coverage that you will use up next riding season.

Keep in mind the way motorcycle insurance seasonally rated, if you set up a policy now, the majority of the money you pay from now until March goes towards your coverage that you will use up next riding season.

My policy renews in March which is why I used that date. I don't want to transfer bikes and pay more for what could very well end up being only another month of riding. I think you'll talking about setting up a new policy now?

Why is it so hard to just insure an item against fire/flood? Isn't some coverage needed for green plates?

With The Personal I can simply open a full policy and then suspend coverage which gives me only comprehensive and I pay much less.

Isn't liability mandatory?
Only if you want to drive it. Liability coverage is suspended when I tell them I'm not going to be driving it.

That reminds me that I need to call them. Should've suspended my bike, too, as that's been in the shop for months. Probably too late to be worthwhile as there is only a discount if you store for 60 days or more.

Back
Top Bottom