crazy upshift technique | GTAMotorcycle.com

crazy upshift technique

I don't understand, I just see a guy shifting

I agree with the post above; but must admit at first I was a little confused as I thought the grey tube in the foreground was part of the shifter. Then I realized it was just the view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch it.

To me it looks like he downshifts a 2-3 times...then when he comes out of the turn he upshifts while keeping his foot ON TOP of the lever .. by scooping it up with the ball of his foot somehow...

I didn't even bother opening the video...just assumed.

He's downshifting by pressing down on the shift lever with the toe/sole of his boot (0:03). And other times he's upshifting by lifting up on the shift lever with the top part of the toe of his boot (0:14). That is hard to see as his boot has a black shifter patch on the toe.

The video is all about where to move your feet on the pegs at different lean angles. Notice at 0:25, during a left lean he has the ball of his sole on the tip of the peg. Whereas an uneducated street rider (myself included) may still keep his instep on the peg and end up getting his foot pushed off the peg if his toe contacts the ground at an extreme lean angle.

Footboards and heel-toe shifter for the win (on the street). LoL

The bike is set up for gpshift.Down for upshift and up for downshift.The only way to shift a track/race bike.

The bike is set up for gpshift.Down for upshift and up for downshift.The only way to shift a track/race bike.

Looks like regular pattern to me. He upshifts the normal way as he comes out of the series of turns at 0:35.

Y'all are on drugs.

Count me as one of those not seeing anything crazy or weird here, other than the video had no audio and appeared to be a YT video of a YT video. I also don't think that bike had a GP shift pattern...

I don't see anything weird either...? Evilbeaver, I think maybe your screen contrast is low or your screen/display is too dark & you can't see the shifter being on TOP of his boot when he's shifting up? Is that what it looks like is happening to you?

But it's most certainly on TOP of his boot when he's shifting up.

heel-toe shifter for the win (on the street). LoL

x2. Love my heel toe shifter, but impractical for the sport/racing crowd, I agree.

I was watching this and found nothing special but then ... the shifter arm and rubber part are way apart here.

attachment.php

Attachments

• shift.jpg
    shift.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 219
Shifting up with the toe, shifting down with the bottom of the toe. Nothing to see here...

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I was watching this and found nothing special but then ... the shifter arm and rubber part are way apart here.

attachment.php

Are you sure you're not confusing the side-stand with the shift lever?

Back
Top Bottom