Hold On Insurance During Winter? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hold On Insurance During Winter?

If I was in your shoes, I'd just look for two small cheap 250cc bikes. It may not be ideal, but think how much better it'd be riding and spending time together with your dad instead of taking turns.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

The plan is to have 2 bikes next year, and just get 1 good bike now, good gear, and licensing done this year (and save for trips). he's owned over 14-15 bikes in his lifespan, and doesn't want something underpowered nor waste time upgrading year after year.

Buy now,store it until the spring ��

Like i asked before, what would the advantage to this be, in the long term and would there be any cost savings, since a policy now basically covers next summer with the bonus of some warm day riding now?

My policy starts on June 1st each year. I reduce the coverage on 2 bikes to comprehensive usually around October 1st. So only ridden for 4 months, comp for the remaining 8. Should mention I have 4 bikes and the other 2 are insured for the whole year so always something to ride. This works out so give me substantial savings on the 2 which are sport bikes.

My policy starts on June 1st each year. I reduce the coverage on 2 bikes to comprehensive usually around October 1st. So only ridden for 4 months, comp for the remaining 8. Should mention I have 4 bikes and the other 2 are insured for the whole year so always something to ride. This works out so give me substantial savings on the 2 which are sport bikes.

you can't reduce the riding (driving) coverage but you can drop the collision and/or comprehensive (fire/theft) coverages to save a few bucks.

Last edited:
My policy starts on June 1st each year. I reduce the coverage on 2 bikes to comprehensive usually around October 1st. So only ridden for 4 months, comp for the remaining 8.

I doubt you're saving as much as you think you are the way motorcycle insurance premiums are weighted towards the summer months.

I doubt you're saving as much as you think you are the way motorcycle insurance premiums are weighted towards the summer months.
Jan - 2%
Feb - 2%
Mar - 4%
Apr - 8%
May - 12%
Jun - 16%
Jul - 16%
Aug - 16%
Sept - 12%
Oct - 8%
Nov - 2%
Dec - 2%