what kind of worthless **** hole is this...called 4 places, none can do same-day tire | GTAMotorcycle.com

what kind of worthless **** hole is this...called 4 places, none can do same-day tire

unfaZed

2 places had a tire in stock, none could do a simple one-wheel tire change with most of a day's notice.

Shops up here (in the KW area) are mickey mouse as ****, oh how I yearn to be back in civilization

Dude I tried to make an appointment at sturgess for a warranty issue on my brand new sub 10k bike and they wouldn't let me. i would have to leave my bike with them for weeks of moving between inside storage and outside during the daytime, likely the cause of a few "mystery" scratches after the last time it stayed a week for the same issue. Wouldn't even let me make an appointment for late September. I called first week of august. Called GP and they can take me in a couple weeks time and want nothing to do with the bike staying over. I even told them they can have it for a week while I'm on vacation, nope. They want me in and out, they know the warranty issue doesn't need any special parts.

Motorcycle shops here suffer having to squeeze everyone in within the span of 4/5 months out of 12.

they're just not focused on service either.

places down south will stay late to fit you in for a service so they can make money...people up here think they are entitled to charge 50 bucks for changing a single tire, and won't stay late to do it...just insane.

in a bigger place they would just go out of business in favor of shops with a better work ethic, but since its small they can survive anyway

Majority of shops are like that. Another reason I do all my work myself & avoid them like the plague

They're probably backed way up or philosophically don't enjoy your bad planning being their emergency or they're trying to run a proper business or maybe just playing head games. What ever the case may be I'm guessing this is a valuable learning experience for you because you seemed to be caught off guard. So that's A+ and thanx for posting, I'm glad I'm not the only one using this forum to kvetch about life's little annoyances.

Majority of shops are like that. Another reason I do all my work myself & avoid them like the plague
+1.

Get some tools. Tire bars, rim guards, and make a simple bead breaker (mine is 2x4 & a carriage bolt.)

You'll take better care of your own machine than any shop.

Cheap balancer would be nice too.

+1.

Get some tools. Tire bars, rim guards, and make a simple bead breaker (mine is 2x4 & a carriage bolt.)

You'll take better care of your own machine than any shop.

Cheap balancer would be nice too.
I've been using 2 jackstands & the axle. Hasn't fail me yet. You're only limited by your imagination

shop foreman= who wants overtime??
guy 1 = I got slowpitch before sunset
guy 2 = gotta pickup my kids
guy3 = what ya got boss??
shop foreman= emergency tire change, I'm paying you the 15mins flat rate @ 1.5
guy3 = I'm helping pickup guy 2's kids and we are both going to watch slowpitch...........................

guy3 = I'm helping pickup guy 2's kids and we are both going to watch slowpitch...........................

BINGO!!!! Nailed it ..

Depending on where you are and what you ride, I may be able to help. I am 5 tires into my tire changing experience...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lay off guy #3

Down south they perfected cheap customer service at employee's expense

See http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?198609-How-Long-Can-Economic-Reality-Be-Ignored

Weird. A little while ago I called a day-ahead to Tri City (on Weber) and arranged to drop my front wheel and a new Angel GT in the AM and went in at lunch to pick up the finished job. No muss, no fuss.

Maybe I missed it: Did you expect to take just a wheel and tire in or did you want to drop the entire bike off and have them re/re the wheel?

Visit Europe/UK and ask for a simple oil change for the motorcycle anywhere; you'll be told 3-4 weeks. Oh, need a service that actually takes time and effort? Good luck. Offer to pay extra to jump the queue? "Everyone is already paying extra."

We've got it so good over here.

Visit Europe/UK and ask for a simple oil change for the motorcycle anywhere; you'll be told 3-4 weeks. Oh, need a service that actually takes time and effort? Good luck. Offer to pay extra to jump the queue? "Everyone is already paying extra."

We've got it so good over here.

With 35+ years in a seasonal service business I can relate to the person who had a problem suddenly just pop up when there's a 3-4 week backlog. In the case of the bike it could be a flat tire or burnt bulb the eve of a long planned multi bike road trip or a problem mid route. Those I feel the shops should show some mercy.

Tires don't suddenly wear out. The emergency is often self created. Just-in-time methodology isn't a universal fix. Shops can't MAKE time. They TAKE time away from something else. Another person, their families, their own lives, their health.

Bumping people creates a domino situation unless the person with the sudden problem buys another persons time slot.

I actually tried that once. The "Rush" client was offered a bump spot if he would pay for the bumped persons repair as well, kind of like the airline overbooking thing. He didn't go for it.

2 places had a tire in stock, none could do a simple one-wheel tire change with most of a day's notice.

Shops up here (in the KW area) are mickey mouse as ****, oh how I yearn to be back in civilization

What do YOU do for a living ? Do you like working extra hours because someone else's oversight became an emergency ?

Now that you've identified a need, buy some tools, quit your job and fulfill it. That, or make an appointment. I waited months on parts because of the Tsunami at one place, asked when it would be ready, gave them an extra day and a half, took a 5 hour bus ride, then TTC to the place, intending to ride it home, and they were still working on it. When the guy was done, I got about a half a block before it failed. It never did work 100%, although I didn't know it at the time, and failed again within a couple of years. Hope I wasn't bumped for an unplanned tire change.\ The place was a victim of it's own success, having to hire sub-par mechanics, or cut corners, just because they had way too much work. There are people on this site who could do it, and show you how to do it yourself, but you'd have to be nice about it, and familiar with the crowd.

What do YOU do for a living ? Do you like working extra hours because someone else's oversight became an emergency ?

I architect and administer servers and networks - do I like working extra hours? Not usually, but I do it without complaint on the regular...especially when it is a customer for my own business.

I can change tires myself but people who do it all day for money are better at it and I have no problem acknowledging this and using their services. Something as simple as a tire change should not need to be planned a day in advance, but evidently here the entitlement and laziness of people makes it necessary.

Back
Top Bottom