'13 Ninja 300 - Left turn signal | GTAMotorcycle.com

'13 Ninja 300 - Left turn signal

PLau

For some reason when I came to a stop last week waiting to turn left, I noticed my left turn signal indicator was solid.
I checked my front signal, it was solid, while my rear wasn't lit. My right signal was functioning normally at the time.

When traffic started moving, the left signal started flashing again.

This leads me to believe that for some reason, the left signal specifically, isn't getting enough power at idle..

For the rest of the ride back home (1hr), it was functioning normally.

I got home, parked the bike (idling), turned my left indicator on, and it was flashing.
I turned off the bike, turned it back on (started the engine back up), and it was still functioning normally.
I turned the bike off again, left it for 1-2 min, turned the bike back on (engine off), and tried using the left indicator again, and the front was solid, rear not lit. (Right side working fine)
When I turned the engine on, it started flashing again.

During this time, I also checked that the connections were secure, and they seemed to be. There was a bit of condensation seeping through the electrical tape leading to the cables for the indicator, but dry at the connector itself - not sure if this would be an issue.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Last edited:
Check your connections again, had the same issue with my 250R a couple years ago. I ended up replacing a connector

Check your connections again, had the same issue with my 250R a couple years ago. I ended up replacing a connector

So, I checked every connection for the signals, as well as the flasher relay. Issue still on-going.

May have to go with your suggestion, but I'm so limited on time, I've only been able to get out on the bike 3 times in the past 2 months... Sadface..

Maybe I'll just survive with revving it in the low rpms when turning left just to keep the signal blinking for now and figure it out over the winter... The stock exhaust is quiet enough so I won't sound like I'm trying race everyone from a light... xD

You could also replace your flasher with one that is for LEDs. Even though you don't have LEDs, this might help as it doesn't use current to maintain the flashing function and should maintain the flashing even if the power is not sufficient for the stock flasher.

Back
Top Bottom