Friend crashed his Daytona 675 - Not exactly sure how | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Friend crashed his Daytona 675 - Not exactly sure how

His elbows still are bent :)
Saying that, all the interweb experts will tell you the below body position is "horrible" and if you crashed, that's probably why... I dunno, 5 straight World Titles... Seems there's more than 1 way to skin a cat haha

images

Last edited:
Obviously practicing street riding in itself can help as well as it is yet another style of riding, but learning new skills *can* be more helpful than gradually improving one.

Too bad Neil can't understand that it's better to learn in non-emergency situations than emergency only.
Me, I like having a track rider's "and then some" more than a street only rider's "and then some." But wait, track skills aren't useful on the street at all are they?

Too bad Neil can't understand that it's better to learn in non-emergency situations than emergency only.
Me, I like having a track rider's "and then some" more than a street only rider's "and then some." But wait, track skills aren't useful on the street at all are they?

Clearly you missed the part where I talked about practicing of emergency techniques... Don't need a track for that. Hopefully more attention to detail is paid on the bike. Stay safe my friend.

His elbows still are bent :)

You're right! So I should be aiming for this?

hehe

Edwards_02.271029.jpg.271030.jpg

Last edited:

Assuming that pic is Steady Eddie, I think that cornering posture was a workaround influenced by a back injury. Can't find the reference but I'm sure he didn't learn that dodging minivans in the GTA.

I meant to add the "skills from track apply to street" bit but it's a lost cause.

Riding a motorcycle on the street and track a completely different and nothing that you do on the track can be used on the street. A track rider will simply not survive on the road, that takes special talents and abilities.

hmmmmmm....... dunno about the 'nothing' part, but, no doubt, 2 diff worlds

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom