IP tv box | GTAMotorcycle.com

IP tv box

LiNK666

Which one do you recommend or have personally? There are so many choices and plans... I can't figure out which box is good etc...

Any advice is appreciated!

Which one do you recommend or have personally? There are so many choices and plans... I can't figure out which box is good etc...

Any advice is appreciated!

I have the my gica ATV 1900 ac version 5.0.2
I also use a digital antenna to receive some of the Canadian channels now blocked on the box as a result of the court case between the cable companies and 3 major sellers of these boxes.

Anything with a decent processor that runs Kodi. The rest is up to you programming it unless you buy some preprogrammed box that you'll likely pay far more than you would for a vanilla box from a store.

I have several of the HiMedia Q3's which are well regarded units and have one of the best remotes out there, which compared to some of the flimsy plastic pieces of crap that come with many android boxes is actually a big deal. And it's a quite capable piece of hardware as well in a nice solid aluminum case vs plastic like most....so it gets rid of it's heat better.

https://www.factorydirect.ca/Canada...v_Quad-Core_Android_Media_Box_W_Wifi_Usb3_0/0

im going to get my next one off ebay... the cheaper the better.
its just for the spare tv anyway.

Ended up getting a Linux one instead of android. Better quality and less issues. Cost was the same $130.

I got one from AliExpress

Ended up getting a Linux one instead of android. Better quality and less issues. Cost was the same $130.

Is Kodi support the same, and any issues getting any of the plugins to work?

If Kodi doesn't work on it, it's dead in the eyes of most interested in the world of IPTV. Kodi is the hub which so much revolves around now.

Ditched cable for a while now.

I got a PIVOS XIOS XS box which runs a flavour of Linux called TOFU and handles Kodi pretty well. Do a research on "Wookie for kodi" and watch some videos about it as well, it's a nice setup I've been running for sometime now and happy with the results.

You're welcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an Nvidia Shield with Kodi installed for the livingroom telly. Best one out there by far. I put together an old AMD computer out of parts laying around running Linux Mint and Kodi for the garage telly, runs well.

There's a review on some available boxes here: https://www.tvaddons.ag/androidtv-summer2016/

Back
Top Bottom