Beauty Day for a Ride - up to Bancroft through Algonquin, Minden and home... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beauty Day for a Ride - up to Bancroft through Algonquin, Minden and home...

Razor17

Had a awesome trip, today went solo. Left at 6am.... Little cool out plus fog first thing. Nice bright morning once the clock hit 7am. Seen a moose in Algonquin down in the swamp which I was great full for and not at the trying to cross the road. I seen a group of riders parked near Dorset at a look out around 10am. The grouped waved to me not sure if it was some fellow followers from the website. It is awesome riding in that area. If you can make the trip I highly recommend it.I hope to do a group ride tomorrow weather permitting.

Cheers and ride safe.

Glad to hear you had a great ride! Respect the 6AM start! I love hitting the road early, it's honestly my favourite time of day. 9PM bedtime well worth it in my opinion. ;)

You'll sleep soundly tonight!

9 times out of 10 you'll see a moose in the one swamp spot in Algonquin. Good place to be ready to slow down (not because of the moose but because of the idgits with cameras). I've seen lots of moose and a bear on the north end of 35 as well so careful there. Beauty roads.

Hi Hardwrkr13,
Agreed there were tons of cars on both sides of the road and you for sure have to slow down as you never know when someone may pull out in front of you.
I do lots of riding in the north, Minden, Haliburton, Bancroft area. So far this year I have racked up 9300 km. The roads are awesome and yep lots of wildlife to watch out for.

My cottage is in this area and the riding is pretty good by Ontario standards. Key for GTA area riders is an early start. If you can hit the 507 by 8:15 - 8:30 or so you'll run into 2 or 3 cars going North on the 507 and Glamorgan. Wait until 10 or 10:30 and you'll have to pass dozens of vehicles or you'll get stuck behind a tightly packed train of vehicles doing 75 or 80km.

Hi ReStored
Agree with hitting the 507 early. Another nice and road with several bends heading into Haliburton is #3. Once at the end off the 507 is you turn left on the 503 and go maybe 1km and turn right #3.

Minden has many twisty roads if u know where to look & how to join them all up. Minden to Haliburton has some great roads. Large loop in Haliburton is good as well. If you head towards Bala and Port Carling there is tons of nice roads to ride up there as well.

Back
Top Bottom