Mirror had popped out, any advice? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mirror had popped out, any advice?

FattBoyy

I have a mirror that has s turn signal built it. It popped out from the swivel joint. And now is just hanging. Does anyone know how these work? Is it broken? I tried to push back in but no luck.

10d0246368a2f3c3159320188de49fff.jpg

49785387459c64b61190d794630e8ac9.jpg

I'm guessing it's a ball and socket arrangement and either the ball slipped out of the socket or a section of the socket broke off eliminating tension on the ball.

If it slipped out one might be able to pop it back in but if it's a broken socket I would try aluminum foil tape. It sticks better than duct tape. It isn't as strong so several layers.

If you posted your bike make/model someone might have a parts/service manual and therefore a picture.

Good luck.

I'm guessing it's a ball and socket arrangement and either the ball slipped out of the socket or a section of the socket broke off eliminating tension on the ball.

If it slipped out one might be able to pop it back in but if it's a broken socket I would try aluminum foil tape. It sticks better than duct tape. It isn't as strong so several layers.

If you posted your bike make/model someone might have a parts/service manual and therefore a picture.

Good luck.

It's an 05 monster, but the mirrors are after market, they are mirrors with turn signals built in. If I look inside I can see what looks like a bolt on either side and a oval ball joint in the middle , my guess is that the bolt on either side wood go in to the ball but to do that will be very hard now

Back
Top Bottom