FZ6R, Radiator fan vents under throttle control? | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ6R, Radiator fan vents under throttle control?

bobjohnson

I just recently picked up a used FZ6R, got a chance to ride it yesterday, and I noticed when the fan kicks on it seems to blow the hot air out the "vent" thats right under the throttle. This means pretty much any time I'm stopped in traffic, the bike is blasting my right arm with hot air. It also makes the frame tube on the right side of the bike pretty hot, since it runs right along the top of that "vent".

Is this normal? I checked that area of the bike, it doesnt look like im missing any pieces of the fairing, both the left and the right side are the same. I checked a parts fiche and I dont see anything missing that would cause that, and there doesnt seem to be a shroud for the radiator. If it is normal, is there any way to prevent it? I'm thinking about fabbing up a little piece of plastic to replace the black vent piece of the fairings to direct the air sideways rather than up, or just blocking it off all together from below.

I made a little block off plate which worked, the problem is it then vents over the engine when ends up under the seat which makes the seat uncomfortably warm... Temps on the bike were fine though, up 2-5 degrees f but nothing crazy. I took it off for now because Id rather have a hot arm than a hot butt.

It almost seems like the little plastic "vent" is on upside down or something, but its not... I cant believe the designers would overlook your throttle hand getting blasted with hot air, on a hot day like today was its pretty bad... I'm going to look into making a little duct rather than a blockoff, so the air still vents out the side, but down instead of up. But if anyone has one of these bikes, it would still be helpful to know if im missing a plastic piece or something, it just seems wrong to me but I dont see any difference between my bike and pictures of a stock one and I still cant find any piece I might be missing on a parts fiche.

Back
Top Bottom