who was the worst rider you've come across. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who was the worst rider you've come across.

She went for the group ride, and than realizing she had to pay for her own gas at the first stop.
Lunch was interesting as she didnt have money on her, and had to borrow money off someone else as she thought it was included as well.

Sadly, this doesn't really surprise me...especially if she was in the 16-30 age group...

Probably this guy! Got scared, so he closed his eyes while I lapped him going into Allen's.

3mqY-eg994e0dqlFD6F1-8zrKbJMwgL_hMxXPtQrmE2QosD-Z__JViRRC9Cck2sODZ2qmF3yMpjkd8XPT4aLWt35Ldb6vdcOKQir5pE41jvSLWZZ1fuuSIAE8uMUmxuvgoARMSWmD1H9NWefwsj22n8ceUoGeS095VdbcDAzvljGWhMVBJEAKJv57pkkcZixHE4ZAE7-CM0BCPOYQzJELtckj3VM8D29EJdDEh12itlkj2vx_jf-KlXEtGFKS3MAo5ZGW7huWYUEhshHcqjgMUyxOR22IyQBGm-ZZ9AWsat9aZj1ga3IW-23_vQTQCB7UcXtKxH9nduxaUEvBmpt-WQpEaoU6MtIYPJYjQOt8sJhZtcXNhe27yDGgogJEMMw8f7U1AGjap9y8oJY0QH5bXdWov-Saw_OJ8Y2nTbHtLP2KaVu-R_71nFPNPYSem29awGjzl1YmX5L18Z43OEm8R5OFo32kVcBbe9-l8xlnR7_WHmiiTL4LjztdSsmtCPuKGzPOZpRqECjOmwWM3h2-GG99yzo9gJ2lsIPAX0Kc83PH5wLbh-ZFgpU6EQR4zbGM6GFyegjT7kuQEbaVQmJgtJG0YADKcbSZE6pHOufVLceCmxo=w1600-h1063-no

Where is that Paul guy, anyway- still on here? :D

Last edited:
Some guy who had bike meets & dunktanks. Take a note of all the nice rides then scoop them up.

I heard he also throw a filter in the creek of deals gap

Myself, TBH.

I mean it's hard to compare since I've seen 100x more of myself ride than anyone else, but I've done brainless stuff often enough that I can't really criticize anyone without being a hypocrite.

No matter how bad the rider you saw today is.
You are bound to meet up with a worse one in the future.

Easy...
Many years ago a buddy of mine (who shall remain nameless to protect his dignity) decided he wanted to get a motorcycle. He rode with me as a passenger on a big charity ride in the fall, and then came with me to the January bike show where he proceeded to buy a nice jackets, gloves, boots and helmet, all good stuff, to the tune of $1000.00, which was a lot 15 years ago.

He signed up for the earliest riding class he could, which was in April. During the course, he fell off the bike twice and sprained his ankle. Needless to say, he failed and gave up on he idea of getting a bike. He did himself and us a favour.

And to this day, 15 years later, he has the riding gear sitting around, never used.

This same guy came skiing with me once. He wiped out and snapped his ski in two. Never seen that happen before.
Sounds like Frank W. Spencer. Bonus to those who know who he is / was.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, because all Harley guys can't ride. Look at the video that Kestrel linked to a few responses down for a great example - seems to me the Harley guys are far more in control than the dolt on the sportbike who eventually ends up in the trees.

It comes down to the rider. A skilled rider on a 900# Harley is going to fare better in the twisties than a clueless idiot on a litre SS. Again, video above case in point.
Ummm...

https://youtu.be/7Fzb6oVF5m0

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Went for a quick ride with a fellow Ninja 300 owner once.

- She rode with her foot constantly on the shifter and heel on the peg
- Absolutely no low speed maneuverability, feathering the clutch/brake was a foreign concept
- Always insisted on riding side by side

Many years ago (about 1971) I owned a BSA 441. As anyone who has owned a BSA can tell you, the parts department at the local BSA dealer will get to know you very well. One day I was returning from a trip to Clare's Cycle just outside of Fonthill. I was driving my father's old 1951 Chev pickup truck and heading east on Highway 20 towards Fonthill. Approaching Effingham Road I had to stop because there was a car waiting to make a left hand turn about three or four vehicles ahead of me. He couldn't turn because there was oncoming traffic. As I was sitting there waiting I happened to glance into my rear view mirror and noticed a guy on a motorcycle approaching very quickly. As I watched him I realized he was getting very close and yet had not started slowing down. He kept getting closer and closer with no reduction in speed. I couldn't figure out what the hell he was doing. Finally, he got close enough I could actually see his face in the mirror. He had eyes as big as saucers and an expression of complete panic. He had not realized I was stopped.

BAM! He hit the back of the truck so hard he ended up in the box. I thought he was dead and jumped out of the truck. Amazingly, he did not appear to be injured. He started cursing and swearing ******, ******, p**s, my new bike, my new bike, God damn it! I noticed that the bike did indeed look very new and asked him how long he had it. "I just got it man" was his reply. I didn't quite understand what he meant so I asked again "You mean you just got it this month?". "No man I just got it, I just got it" he said. Suddenly, I realized what he meant by "just got it". He had just picked up a new BSA Lightning at Clare's a few minutes before, rode it for about two kilometers, then on a perfectly clear day on a perfectly straight road drove it into the back of my father's truck.

I felt so sorry for the poor dumb bastard that I offered to transport his bike back to Clare's, but he refused to go back to Clare's. "Just take me home" he said. With the help of a couple of other people who had witnessed the accident we loaded the bike into the truck and I drove him into Welland. When we got to his house there were about 10 to 12 people outside drinking beer. They were having a party to celebrate his triumphant entry on his new BSA. Too bad his entry wasn't very triumphant. His parting words to me were "I guess I am going to be chopping it a lot sooner than I thought." I replied "I think you would be a lot smarter if you just sold it."

Serious question: Do you think the prevalence of first-day overconfidence stories/videos on the internet has had an impact on these things actually happening? Like, maybe the person who has never touched a bike before will be more likely to have second thoughts on how they approach the very first time they ride their own motorcycle?

Many years ago (about 1971) I owned a BSA 441. As anyone who has owned a BSA can tell you, the parts department at the local BSA dealer will get to know you very well......................

WOW, this brings back memories. In 1976-77 I was looking for a good used bike and test road a BSA 441. Big single cylinder thumper, vibrated like a paint mixer. Bought a Honda instead, but never got to know my dealer too well........

Serious question: Do you think the prevalence of first-day overconfidence stories/videos on the internet has had an impact on these things actually happening? Like, maybe the person who has never touched a bike before will be more likely to have second thoughts on how they approach the very first time they ride their own motorcycle?

I watch crash vids on the regular; I definately feel it helps me be a better decision maker out on the road

Me. :p

I'm not afraid to say it, because i can easily judge others without knowing where they come from but on the other hand, i can know how many stupid moves and/or mistakes i make!

I know i've got room for improvement (and will always have room for improvement hehe)
Of course i've seen some sketchy riding in my 2 seasons and i've seen some crashes too... so yes there are bad riders out there... but i won't put myself above them since I can crash too :)

Back
Top Bottom