who was the worst rider you've come across. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who was the worst rider you've come across.

Just wait until you watch Harley trains at deals gap. It's part comedy, part awe of complete absense of skill. Corner 1 of 318 is usually the best.

Yes, because all Harley guys can't ride. Look at the video that Kestrel linked to a few responses down for a great example - seems to me the Harley guys are far more in control than the dolt on the sportbike who eventually ends up in the trees.

It comes down to the rider. A skilled rider on a 900# Harley is going to fare better in the twisties than a clueless idiot on a litre SS. Again, video above case in point.

Was there as well with -D- ..

Anyone (probably not) remember the one girl who showed up on a group ride and she thought by group ride that everyone pays for her gas and food?

Bwhahahah .. good times.
What? How does that work??

Yes, because all Harley guys can't ride. Look at the video that Kestrel linked to a few responses down for a great example - seems to me the Harley guys are far more in control than the dolt on the sportbike who eventually ends up in the trees.

It comes down to the rider. A skilled rider on a 900# Harley is going to fare better in the twisties than a clueless idiot on a litre SS. Again, video above case in point.

At Deals Gap about 1% of the Harley (edit: touring bike in general, it isn't just H-D) riders are any good at that type of riding. A seriously big percentage are "safe" but gawd awful slow. Another small, but too big, percentage can't stay in their own lane.

Granted, too many sport bike riders aren't good, either, but they're typically not as slow and a smaller percentage of them are lane-crossers and a bigger percentage of them are reasonably fast and safe.

I was just at Deals Gap ... in a rental Hyundai Accent. (I had a business trip not far away and booked my return flight later so that I could get a Gap run in.) I caught up to a few of the flatlanders on Harleys ...

And yes, we have seen riders who fly through there on touring/cruiser bikes scraping pegs in every corner. They are exceptionally rare. The faster bikes are frequently dual-sport or motards (or Groms, as long as it isn't an uphill section), not necessarily sport bikes.

Do they make a bigger brush or are you using it?

Anyone (probably not) remember the one girl who showed up on a group ride and she thought by group ride that everyone pays for her gas and food?

Bwhahahah .. good times.

Did she go for a group ride or the gangbang afterwards??? Was she hot at least?

Did she go for a group ride or the gangbang afterwards??? Was she hot at least?

She went for the group ride, and than realizing she had to pay for her own gas at the first stop.
Lunch was interesting as she didnt have money on her, and had to borrow money off someone else as she thought it was included as well.

I took the last part of the group up through coboconk and she passed passed people on the right side of a single lane riding in staggered formation.
And the answer to your last question .. she was not hot. Not even remotely a blip in my book.

Me, about 9-10 years ago. :p
At first I totally thought that you were responding to this, and not the OP ?

Bwhahahah .. good times.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

I was once leaving a secret meeting of The Grand Cone Of The Triple Scoop Society members, and saw a guy with really nice pants ride away on a white dual sport that was much too tall for him. Really nice pants, though.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Is this the reason why one of the ice cream meets it looked like nobody showed up.

You're going to have to tell me about these secret Grand Cone/Triple Scoop meets next time we meet Joe, I want in! If I have to sacrifice a baby made of gelato to the Ice Cream gods, so be it.

She went for the group ride, and than realizing she had to pay for her own gas at the first stop.
Lunch was interesting as she didnt have money on her, and had to borrow money off someone else as she thought it was included as well.

I took the last part of the group up through coboconk and she passed passed people on the right side of a single lane riding in staggered formation.
And the answer to your last question .. she was not hot. Not even remotely a blip in my book.

On a scale of how many beers?

around 2003/4 there was a guy with a gsxr1000. i dont remember his name, he was on bdr. he had slicks for the street. I remember riding the parkway with him and others. He was like a rubber band, fast on the straights, slow as hell in the corners. it wasnt hard to ride as quick on my concours. He spent more time bragging at tims about the guy who tried to race him down X street, but got smoked.

there was also the guy from the states who came to coon rd with some of us. he dragge down the road, didnt know about the T stop at the end and flew into the bushes across the intersection. I think he broke his leg or something.

Just wait until you watch Harley trains at deals gap. It's part comedy, part awe of complete absense of skill. Corner 1 of 318 is usually the best.

I thought it amusing first time down the dragon from the gap to the overlook.. 3 turns before the overlook, a harley, parked in the ditch on my side of the road, facing towards me, wedged up against a rock face. Totally blew an easy right hander, crossed the double yellow, crossed the entire oncoming lane and ended up in the ditch. Sigh.

My daughter Beth has been trying for that title,But i don't think it's going to happen.She's getting much better after only a few competitions this year.First vid was last year.Second vid was a month ago.
[video=youtube;uTFgSM2mEc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTFgSM2mEc8[/video]

Second vid.
[video=youtube;z7gz3StxM1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7gz3StxM1U[/video]

Back
Top Bottom