who was the worst rider you've come across. | GTAMotorcycle.com

who was the worst rider you've come across.

If anybody mentions my name they're going to get a mouth full of brass. Anyway, back on topic. I saw Joe Bass leaving an ice cream place once. Just sayin'

Everybody in rider training gets a pass, because what better place for them to be.

On the roads... hmm. I still remember a lucky SOB getting a scratch on his ankle after smearing his TL1000R all over an embankment on... Elephant Lake road? Like, it was fully disassembled, and the frame cracked in a few places. I remember another guy on a non-specific Kawasaki lowsiding and firmly wedging his bike under a parked vehicle (I think he left contact info... it was a long time ago and I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt)... on the road into Hockley Village, which is a 50. There is a gentleman I know personally, was an occasional rider on a Honda Magna, and he would use the rear brake on his bike like one would brake in a car, forgoing the front brake entirely. He laid down rubber leading up to every single stoplight.

I dunno, those folks were bad but I feel hesitant to award any of them with "worst".

Last edited:
Funny you ask. Heading home from work on Tuesday afternoon I see a motorcycle coming up behind me, weaving in and out of traffic. Manages to catch up to me so I change to the right lane to let him by. He proceeds to ride inches from other cagers bumpers up the blvd til we get to the red light. Pasty white dude with dreads and a skateboard strapped to his back, bush shirt, shorts and ankle work boots. Takes off on his early 90's 600cbr with his boots dragging on the asphalt for 50 meters and all wobbly, proceeds to ride yet another car inches off the bumper till he finds an opening (this is a 50 zone) and blasts by on right. Repeat for next 5 traffic lights.

If anybody mentions my name they're going to get a mouth full of brass. Anyway, back on topic. I saw Joe Bass leaving an ice cream place once. Just sayin'

inreb is definitely the worst rider I've ever seen in my entire life. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I saw my neighbour drop his bike a few times pulling out of his driveway! ?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Everybody in rider training gets a pass, because what better place for them to be.

On the roads... hmm. I still remember a lucky SOB getting a scratch on his ankle after smearing his TL1000R all over an embankment on... Elephant Lake road? Like, it was fully disassembled, and the frame cracked in a few places. I remember another guy on a non-specific Kawasaki lowsiding and firmly wedging his bike under a parked vehicle (I think he left contact info... it was a long time ago and I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt)... on the road into Hockley Village, which is a 50. There is a gentleman I know personally, was an occasional rider on a Honda Magna, and he would use the rear brake on his bike like one would brake in a car, forgoing the front brake entirely. He laid down rubber leading up to every single stoplight.

I dunno, those folks were bad but I feel hesitant to award any of them with "worst".

Was that by the bridge area?

Mr Bass is a Grand Cone Of The Triple Scoop Society. It used to be responsible for inspecting ice creameries before provincial regulators stepped in during prohibition (smugglers favoured rum-raisin ice cream to sneak booze across the US border). Still, if you want to be taken seriously these days, having the lick of approval of a Grand Cone is no small advantage in the marketplace. Keep brass away from that man's taste buds, though. He's a provincial treasure and cannot be replaced.

I saw my neighbour drop his bike a few times pulling out of his driveway! 

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

To me, that would be a sign that riding might not be for you.

Three years ago a good friend of mine picked up a complete 83 silvering, mechanically mint. Said it was always a dream etc. First time he rode it 50' was the craziest, scariest, most hilarious thing I've ever seen. I couldn't explain it if I tried.
He sold it that day and bought an atv 2 weeks later. He honestly shouldn't be on an atv either.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

i see a lot of squids downtown, so, id say, half of downtown shouldn't be driving.

safety first, right? :)
649e0f2eb319c5252ee410fb81da0d49.jpg

I was once leaving a secret meeting of The Grand Cone Of The Triple Scoop Society members, and saw a guy with really nice pants ride away on a white dual sport that was much too tall for him. Really nice pants, though.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just wait until you watch Harley trains at deals gap. It's part comedy, part awe of complete absense of skill. Corner 1 of 318 is usually the best.

Easy...
Many years ago a buddy of mine (who shall remain nameless to protect his dignity) decided he wanted to get a motorcycle. He rode with me as a passenger on a big charity ride in the fall, and then came with me to the January bike show where he proceeded to buy a nice jackets, gloves, boots and helmet, all good stuff, to the tune of $1000.00, which was a lot 15 years ago.

He signed up for the earliest riding class he could, which was in April. During the course, he fell off the bike twice and sprained his ankle. Needless to say, he failed and gave up on he idea of getting a bike. He did himself and us a favour.

And to this day, 15 years later, he has the riding gear sitting around, never used.

This same guy came skiing with me once. He wiped out and snapped his ski in two. Never seen that happen before.

Just wait until you watch Harley trains at deals gap. It's part comedy, part awe of complete absense of skill. Corner 1 of 318 is usually the best.

The one time I was there, I honestly did not see a single rider that made me go "uh oh". Either they were comfortable enough that I didn't catch them up in the first place, or they were extremely generous in letting me by (I'm not tailgating, flashing my lights or anything, just would have been happy to fall into place behind them but they almost always waved me past).** I was there during the week though, don't know if I'd ever bother to go on a weekend. Definitely the worst rider I've ever seen by proxy is this guy on a Triumph Sprint

**Griff this does not mean I was speeding, I don't know if you've ever been there but the speed limit is reasonable for the road. Sit back down

Was there as well with -D- ..

Anyone (probably not) remember the one girl who showed up on a group ride and she thought by group ride that everyone pays for her gas and food?

Bwhahahah .. good times.

Back
Top Bottom