Soar This Weekend? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Soar This Weekend?

STR

Will be doing my first SOAR race this weekend and have some questions:

Is there a place to fill trailers/motorhomes with water?

Will there be someone at the gate all night Friday?

Don't have a SOAR membership but I've heard that if you're a RACE member you're ok for a single race entry?

How packed are the pits typically or is there lots of space?

SOAR doesn't seem to have a class for little bikes like my Ninja 300, RACE has lightweight & 300 production.

Think that's it for now.

Hey Kirk,

Your best bet with SOAR is to enter LWT Superbike. They have eliminated the SV650s from that class there. So its basically the same rules as RACE lwt production.

Just replace Me and My Bandit for Brian P and his FZR400, and Jared with the kid on the RC390 KTM Cup bike and its the same sort of field.

Cool, so there are other 250's and 300's?

I can't say for sure. SOAR has a LOT of 600s and Superbikes but from what I have heard, their little bike classes are lacking

You will find a lot of VRRA stuff though, FZR400s, RZ350s, EX500s, Etc..

Grand Bend has 2 taps in the pit area where you can fill up with drinkable water. They also have a dump station as well where you can fill up with fresh water too. Not sure how late they will be open Friday night, best to call the track and find out 519-238-7223. The pit is pretty large so it won't be an issue finding a spot.

Good luck Kirk. Are you doing the endurance race with Owen too?

Just an FYI - gates will be open until 10pm tonight (re Friday lapping people) and 11pm Friday - after that the gates are locked, but there is room to stay in the parking area and you can walk in to use the washroom facilities if needed. Gates open at approx 7:30-8:00am - everyone needs to stop at the gate -check in and sign the waiver. If you are a rider make sure you have your card with you or you pay gate fees.
There are water outlets all over the facility - all of our water is thru the municipal water system so it is good to go. Our washrooms/showers/dump station are also on the system so we have no holding tanks etc. (other than the race trailer)
Asphalt Pit area is capable of holding alot of rigs etc. but some prefer the grass areas as well.
The town of Grand Bend / the beach is 3KM away (as is the grocery/liquor and beer store.) some great bars/restaurants if interested.

Back
Top Bottom