Alarms / Antitheft | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alarms / Antitheft

M.harpy

Buying my first bike, and I am wondering if I should purchase an alarm or some sort of antitheft device. I know nothing is 100%, but if someone could steer me in the right directions that would be great.

I have a GPS tracker device on my bike but if you're really worried about your bike being stolen I would say a rotor lock would be the safest thing to go with. If you get one theres no chance they can roll away with the bike and will have to literally lift it away.

I have a GPS tracker device on my bike but if you're really worried about your bike being stolen I would say a rotor lock would be the safest thing to go with. If you get one theres no chance they can roll away with the bike and will have to literally lift it away.

Sorry to say. Not impossible. Often done. Many thefts done this way.

I know nothing is 100%, probably not even close. A few guys and a van and its gone quite quick, but whatever I can do to make it more difficult. I just wonder if those expensive alarm systems with remotes are worth the price, and if they work, or randomly go off in the middle of the night for no reason other than wind.

Ill be getting a rotor lock for sure. Visually its at least something that will be seen as not an easy target.

I know nothing is 100%, probably not even close. A few guys and a van and its gone quite quick, but whatever I can do to make it more difficult. I just wonder if those expensive alarm systems with remotes are worth the price, and if they work, or randomly go off in the middle of the night for no reason other than wind.

Ill be getting a rotor lock for sure. Visually its at least something that will be seen as not an easy target.

A low-end bike cover would probably serve you better compared to the brake disc lock. Plus, there have been many instances of people trying to ride away with the lock on, essentially bending their brake rotor.

Alarm systems aren't worth it unless your insurance company is giving you a discount for it. (worth a check if you're getting one anyway). Many are also known for many false alarms - some have options to turn down sensitivity, but it will also send your stress levels skyrocketing every time it goes off.

Theft insurance for piece of mind, low-end bike cover as a deterrent.

FYI, most thefts around here are done by lifting the bike. The disc lock will just prevent the average Joe from moving it out of it's spot (which can, for the most part, have the same outcome by leaving it in gear when parked).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom