Saw a supersport today, but it took a while. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saw a supersport today, but it took a while.

Baggsy

Site Supporter
Guy had done something to his front headlight, as well as putting on a tail tidy. It took me an extra couple of seconds to differentiate him from the background traffic, and I also had trouble seeing him from the back. I was making a left in an 80 to 50 transition zone, and he was doing well over 80. The left turn signal was red, or I might have gone. Wouldn't have hit him, and he wouldn't have hit me, but he might have gotten a thrill, or worse, panicked. Try to keep your bike and gear so that people can see you.

100%. Seeing a lot of this (again) lately. Tiny little eBay LEDs that flash like a dim strobe and brake lights that barely change from running to braking. Maybe cool in the Timmies lot, but get rid of that cheap crap.
Not trying to be a crusty old man, but considering most cagers don't see us at the best of times...

I use Rizoma rear turn signals. They're very visible even in daylight; pricey but worth it.

100%. Seeing a lot of this (again) lately. Tiny little eBay LEDs that flash like a dim strobe and brake lights that barely change from running to braking. Maybe cool in the Timmies lot, but get rid of that cheap crap.
Not trying to be a crusty old man, but considering most cagers don't see us at the best of times...

I love that ****. You see a lot of guys saying "Cant really see these indicators/headlight/tail light during the day but... " The only but there is yours on top of a car hood when you get run over because no one sees you.

this was really bad during the mid 2000 years. People would put on these stupid indysuperbikes tails, with 3 led's per signal, with each and inch off the centreline of the bike. They werent even superbright LED's.

A buddy had one his SRAD. it looked cool, but was dangerous.

IMO, that LED stuff always looks cheap, when you can see it. I've recently noticed a few cars with aftermarket smoked lenses (front & back) that were so opaque that the lights were basically non-functional. What's up with that? When looking "cool" outweighs "not being hit", I think we've reached another milestone on the road to idiococracy.

The odd thing is that you buy these parts to look amazing, but you're never seen at the same time.

IMO, that LED stuff always looks cheap, when you can see it. I've recently noticed a few cars with aftermarket smoked lenses (front & back) that were so opaque that the lights were basically non-functional. What's up with that? When looking "cool" outweighs "not being hit", I think we've reached another milestone on the road to idiococracy.
If someone rear ends you and you have heavily tinted tails they can successfully argue they couldn't see you. You will most likely share blame for the accident and get a ticket.

Lighting is IMO best either left alone or added to. My cbr125 originally did not have running lights in the front signals ... it does now. If you are going to use aftermarket parts, use good stuff that actually works, not cheap crap.

Back
Top Bottom