Ninja 300 Headlight bulb change (which to choose) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 Headlight bulb change (which to choose)

Right from the review on the page:

I bought this bulb and really not wasting my money at all, it emits a very white light compared to the philips white vision (which is rather yellow) which has the same 4300K. Perfect for those who want a xenon look. Just go for crystal vision not the white vision.

I completely agree. But it also says that the white vision is 60 percent brighter than oem whereas crystal is the same as oem. Not sure how different the brightness is or visibility, that's what I'm trying to clear up now

Is Phillips not under some sort of litigation over their claims of "60%" brighter with their bulbs. They achieve 60% brighter by roasting the bulb and it'll last 60% less. lol. Just get the "whiter" bulb. Not the brighter. The whiter bulb will artificially make it appear brighter too.

"brightness" (lumens) has nothing to do with the color temperature. That guy from the reviews has direct experience with both bulbs you want and he says the white bulb is yellow. If you want the whitest bulb of the two, then the crystal one seems like the way to go.

I completely agree. But it also says that the white vision is 60 percent brighter than oem whereas crystal is the same as oem. Not sure how different the brightness is or visibility, that's what I'm trying to clear up now

A 55W bulb only puts out 55W of light. You're not going to get 60% more anything from a 55W bulb, using the same bulb technology. To get more light (in lumens), you need to either up the wattage, to something like a 65 or 80W bulb (which may be too much for your wiring system), or retrofit a proper HID system.

If you have those smaller marker lights at the front, look for the led projector pulps.
They are led bulbs with a small projector lens built into/on top of them. You can probably use one as your main bulb.

I saw a bike with 2 small marker front bulbs and they were freaking bright. They were not blinding as the projector on the bulb keeps it focused.
Seems like a good idea for safety.

Holy moly those are expensive

Is Phillips not under some sort of litigation over their claims of "60%" brighter with their bulbs. They achieve 60% brighter by roasting the bulb and it'll last 60% less. lol. Just get the "whiter" bulb. Not the brighter. The whiter bulb will artificially make it appear brighter too.

That's OSRAM/Sylvania bulbs, IIRC.

A 55W bulb only puts out 55W of light. You're not going to get 60% more anything from a 55W bulb, using the same bulb technology. To get more light (in lumens), you need to either up the wattage, to something like a 65 or 80W bulb (which may be too much for your wiring system), or retrofit a proper HID system.

Pretty much. I put a Philips Xtreme Vision 130+ on mine and it does look a bit brighter, but it could be overdriving things a little. Also had one burn out in only a year of riding (and I don't ride every day), but have another in as the pack came with 2. If it fails in the next 1-2 years, I'm putting the OEM back in.

As for tech, there was also H1R that worked by putting a special coating on the bulb that while invisible, would reflect infrared light causing it to glow 'hotter' and make more light. I actually have them in the car and they do make quite the difference, but they only come in 9011 and 9012 (9005 and 9006 equivalent) types. Since it also used the same reflector tech you didn't need to retrofit anything really, unlike the godawful drop in HIDs so many do these days (vs a proper retrofit, since blinding people is fun, I guess).

Back
Top Bottom